Watford v Hammers 🛠 Season Finale - how does it end???

Comments

• Seems strange to say as we’ve scored 3 so far but our finishing has been really poor. We should have got 5 or 6 by now.
  • Can Chelsea score so we can go 9th >.>
  • Skipper again :wahoo:
  • Pen as Antonio brought down
  • :goal: :wahoo:
  • Noble is now joint 25th top scorer in our history too, 56 goals, level with Marlon Harewood :ok:
  • 4-1 Noble
  • Sanchez on for Rice.
  • Leicester v Chelsea the only game goalless, plenty of goals elsewhere, including 8 so far at Palace (5-3 atm)
  • You'll be pleased to know that I have decided that this has been a good season.
  • Hamstew said:

You'll be pleased to know that I have decided that this has been a good season.

:wahoo:
  • Yes, a good season. One league defeat to City, 97 points, cant complain. West Ham did ok after a defeat ridden start. Hoping for better next year ;)
  • Too 10 finish. Target achieved.
  • Just think, that if we hadn't had those perfectly good goals disallowed in the Man Utd and Leicester games we could be on 57 points. So 8th only due to goal difference from 7th.
  • Excellent end to the season West Ham :clap:
  • Great result. A season of what might have been. One last thing “are you watching Troy Deeney” 😁
  • Its not easy to watch when you're leaving a bit on someone...
  • Moojor said:

Just think, that if we hadn't had those perfectly good goals disallowed in the Man Utd and Leicester games we could be on 57 points. So 8th only due to goal difference from 7th.

And had Liverpool's equaliser been rightfully disallowed we could have been a clear 7th.

Frustrating that injuries and bad luck have again hampered our season, but more frustrating that our poor performances against the smaller teams have cost us a lot of points.

Still, an excellent finish with 9 points from 9 and that win at Spurs gives us hope for next season.
  • More than happy to do my bit for the side... :whistle:
  • You're up 1st for next season :ok: :bowdown: :luck:
  • Moojor said:

Just think, that if we hadn't had those perfectly good goals disallowed in the Man Utd and Leicester games we could be on 57 points. So 8th only due to goal difference from 7th.

Whilst I get the sentiment, I don’t think you can point to having a goal disallowed in the first quarter of a game at 0-0 - cannot assume this would have resulted in a win or even a draw (although the timing of the Leicester decision definitely affected that result).

If one is looking at what ifs, I would point to the fact that on too many occasions the team looked as though they had just met each other for the first time in the tunnel just before kick off.
  • Frustrating that injuries and bad luck have again hampered our season, but more frustrating that our poor performances against the smaller teams have cost us a lot of points.

I think I saw earlier we are the joint second highest team for taking points off the top six.
  • :coyi:

A cheeky 1-3 away win with deeney getting a red :biggrin:

So near, and yet so far ....

:biggrin:
  • edited May 2019

separated at birth

• Look forward to match of the day even if its only goals to see after the 1 hour of City and Liverpool
  • edited May 2019
    Has anyone just seen the quote from Antonio about Nobes:

“He’s the slowest man alive but he’s shaped and found the bottom corner”

• Moojor said:

And had Liverpool's equaliser been rightfully disallowed we could have been a clear 7th.

Frustrating that injuries and bad luck have again hampered our season, but more frustrating that our poor performances against the smaller teams have cost us a lot of points.

Still, an excellent finish with 9 points from 9 and that win at Spurs gives us hope for next season.

Moojor said:

Whilst I get the sentiment, I don’t think you can point to having a goal disallowed in the first quarter of a game at 0-0 - cannot assume this would have resulted in a win or even a draw (although the timing of the Leicester decision definitely affected that result).

If one is looking at what ifs, I would point to the fact that on too many occasions the team looked as though they had just met each other for the first time in the tunnel just before kick off.
    The Man Utd game had a goal disallowed and then a non-penalty awarded. I personally feel that if we are 2-0 up in that game, we go on to win it.
  • Yep still don’t agree with that logic - if our goal had been allowed none of the subsequent events would have happened in that way. So any of the results would have been possible win/draw/lose. Although based on Man Utd’s showing today, maybe we could have gone on to put four or five past them.
This discussion has been closed.