Other games this weekend (3-6th May) and midweek European games

Comments

• On the Man Utd manager situation it does make me feel a little sorry for club owners! They spend on players in a massively inflated market and if the player turns out to be rubbish they have to keep paying him and also find more money for further players to do what he was supposed to. If however he turns out a real good buy he decides himself he wishes to go and if you are lucky you get a profit but as Payet showed if the player is determined to push the move you end up having to accept anyhow.

As for managers, Man Utd at present had just paid off Mourinho and employed a temp, who after a great start gets offered the job, he then demonstrates what many thought anyhow that he had basically just let the players play more freely and unshackled and they had the talent to pull in some results, after the novelty wears off however they look bored and lacking motivation. The club however now find themselves in a position of having to pay of OGS in the same season as Mourinho or stick with him next season and sink to mid table.

To be fair though what possessed the Man Utd board to sign him up before the end of the season? It's not like anyone else was going to snap him up.
  • Our fate is now in our own hands. If we beat Watford, we get top 10.
  • The decision to make him permanent was strange, as C&B said, he was not exactly going anywhere and if he had managed to maintain the momentum to the end of the season and succeed then fair enough.

I fail to see what the upside was in pulling the trigger when they did.
  • The honeymoon is over for him,me personally don’t think he’s either good enough or experienced enough to take Man U forward, given the players at his disposal and the teams around them 5th or 6th could be achieved by any manager, but to take them up to the next level needs something or someone else
  • When OGS took over Man U were 6th, just 1pt ahead of 7th, 8 pts adrift from 5th, 11 pts from 4th and 13 pts from 3rd.

They're still 6th but they're 9pts ahead of 7th, just 1pt from 5th, 4pts from 4th and 5pts from 3rd.

Compared with Mourinho OGS doesn't have anywhere near the experience but experience doesn't seem to have counted for much.

I think OGS needs the summer to sort out his own squad rather than one inherited from his predecessor and a full season before we can judge whether he's good enough or not.
  • I’d wager he doesn’t get a full season at the club in fact I’m going to place that better later today
  • Man City v Leicester coming up. You'd have to think that this is the title decider with Burnley up next for City.
  • Yep.

If they beat Leicester tonight it’s over.
  • OCS it’s Brighton for City on Sunday.
  • So it is.

Even better :biggrin:
  • Great start by the Foxes!!! ;) Only 80 minutes left to hold out
  • Why does sterling keep putting high crosses in when their tallest forward is 4ft
  • edited May 2019
    Anyone (obvs not Baz) getting nervous? City look a bit twitchy and Leicester have a goal in them.
  • Leicester become only the third side this season not to concede a first-half goal in a Premier League game against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

The other two were Watford, who conceded straight after the restart and West Ham, who lasted 59 minutes.

Will our record still stand?
  • Oh Im nervous alright! Nearly an hour with no goal is totally giving me hope! :wahoo:
  • Come on City, even we scored twice against this lot
  • edited May 2019
    KOMPANY :wahoo:

What a hit :clap:
  • edited May 2019
    Brilliant save again by Schmeichel but a cracker from Kompany! :clap: :weep:
  • edited May 2019
    Screamer from Kompany.

C'mon City, hold on, don't let those cheating (and I think that's justified given the dive for their 3rd goal on Saturday) scousers get the upper hand.
  • I do feel that when a substitution is made, once the board with the numbers goes up, then there should be a countdown clock of 10 seconds. The game restarts immediately at the end of the 10 seconds (possibly 15 seconds, but 10 should be enough), but the player coming on can't do so until the player coming off is at the touchline.

Would stop all these ridiculous slow walks off the pitch, as the game would be under way and your team would be down to 10 men until you're off the pitch.
  • Shocker from Gundugan when Sane was unmarked.
  • Thankfully didn't cost them Buffy. Ridiculous decision though.

Well, you'd imagine with Brighton next that's it for the title.
  • Well played City.
  • Well played City.
  • edited May 2019
    Scenes.

As Kompany was squaring up to that, I imagine everyone watching was thinking 'no, for god's sake don't try and shoot'. I know I was. :lol:
  • And Wolves getting the poisoned chalice of 7th....
  • Delighted Leicester got nothing out of that. Incredibly negative approach.
  • edited May 2019
    Given 7th was still achievable, I was surprised they didn't go for it.

Smacked more of Saint Brendan trying to do his old club a favour.

One team I'd definitely want us to finish above.
  • But I think Iheanacho had other ideas.
  • IronHerb said:

But I think Iheanacho had other ideas.

Yeah, questions are going to be asked in Merseyside I reckon :lol: