Other games this weekend (3-6th May) and midweek European games

Comments

• Well that's annoying. Very soft free kick IMO and a scruffy goal. They have played well this season, obviously, but they've also had a lot of luck.
  • Please City. For the footballing world please don't choke :pray:
  • I've been fighting it for months but I have a feeling that Liverpool will do it. I can see Leicester holding City to a draw and then Liverpool beating Wolves to seal it.

And life as we know it will never be the same again.
  • Come on Leicester!! :wahoo:

#Defiant in the face of the anti Liverpool feeling
  • I think City will do it. I think they are the one class act in the Premiership in that you never expect anyone to win against them, not that someone won't but you just never favour the opposition.

City must be looking at Spurs these last couple of weeks and wondering how they are not still in the Champions League however.

Please let Everton beat Spurs next week!!!!!!!

• This is the 'foul' for the free kick leading to the winner
  • edited May 2019
    He must have thought that the scousers were playing us
  • Tis a joke. The amount of incorrect decisions that lot have got is unreal.
  • edited May 2019
    Even Greame Liverpool Souness said it wasn't a foul.
  • I agreed at the time it was a very soft freekick, seeing that clip it's nothing short of cheating.
  • No doubt that the scouser will be charged for deceiving an official :whistle:
  • No. That rule only applies if the cheating has led to a sending off or a penalty, which (in this match) it didn't.
  • It was a good game to watch, though, for the neutral.

• This is from the other side. Makes it look like an even worse decision. I mean, look at where the linesman is.

And to be honest this is about more than benefitting Liverpool; it's about where the game is going. If this is a free kick then football may as well be a non-contact sport. Football as I remember it is dead I'm afraid.
  • VAR will sort that out won't it?
  • Possibly not, depends where it takes place. VAR isn't going to be used for every decision?
  • edited May 2019
    I think VAR will be used for penalty decisions, offsides and possibly red card challenges.

If they use it for every incident like this one then a game of football will take about six hours to complete.
  • You wonder if it’s deliberate, to stretch out when the PL winner is decided. A conspiracy by SKY and BTSports to write the narrative of the ‘greatest league in the world’. 🤷‍♀️
  • From the Beeb, a summary.

Chelsea will clinch their Champions League place if they beat Watford AND Arsenal & Man Utd both fail to win.

Arsenal will be eliminated from CL contention if they lose against Brighton AND Chelsea win.

Manchester United will be eliminated from CL contention if they draw at Huddersfield AND Chelsea win (though goal difference means if both teams draw, United are most likely eliminated barring an eight-goal swing on the final day), or if they lose AND either Chelsea avoid defeat or Arsenal win. (Again, goal difference means it’s most likely over for United if they lose, whatever happens elsewhere).

Got that?
  • Won't VAR look into the lead up to a goal?
  • edited May 2019
    Only the continuous play aspect, I think, not the previous phase of play-type thing. From the restart.
  • Watching the ManU game v Huddersfield. Remind me again which one is going down....
  • Huddersfield 1-1 ManUtd

GNev on comms is not a happy bunny :biggrin:

Huddersfield fans are having a party, chanting ‘we’re going down’. :wahoo: :clap:
  • OGS (he'll be hearing from my lawyers) really has fallen off that pedestal the Man U fans put him on. Amazing how that new manager bump has plateaued so spectacularly.
  • Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!
  • I know this is heresy but I wanted Chelsea to win, or more precisely, Watford to lose.
    Sole reason - Troy Deeney.
  • Oh, Arsenal have decided to turn up.
  • edited May 2019
    After all that wringing of collective Arsenal hands with Wenger finishing only fourth for 100 years, it’s hilarious that they don’t this season.

Well I’m finding it very funny :lol: