Spurs v West Ham 27/04/19 - Match Thread

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Pelle does seem to like the offside trap and I think with VAR next season it will be more effective, there must be the tendency in the defender to be sure so the linesman can really see, but from next season they wont need worry, and that worry will be placed on the forward who will need be sure which may lead to some hesitation in those who run in behind.
  • I think before Balbuena was injured we used it a lot, really effectively. It's a risky tactic because you have to trust the officials but I actually think how well we've used offside traps is one of the most impressive things about Pellegrini. You're right, VAR might make it really useful for us.
  • No place for Reid if those two play to there capabilities believe me
  • The @BBCMOTD running order: Liv/Hud, Tot/WHU, Ful/Car, Sou/Bou, Bri/New, Wat/Wol, CP/Eve.

10.25 Uk time.

12.25 Greek time

I'm gonna do my best, but we've just been out to out friend's bar (Spurs supporter). He was very busy, and didn't have much time to chat :puzzled:
  • MrsGrey said:

The @BBCMOTD running order: Liv/Hud, Tot/WHU, Ful/Car, Sou/Bou, Bri/New, Wat/Wol, CP/Eve.

10.25 Uk time.

12.25 Greek time

I'm gonna do my best, but we've just been out to out friend's bar (Spurs supporter). He was very busy, and didn't have much time to chat :puzzled:

That's unfortunate. Make you you catch him tomorrow
  • Mauricio Pochettino fears home defeat shatters Spurs’ spirit for Ajax https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/27/mauricio-pochettino-fears-west-ham-defeat-shatters-spurs-spirit-against-ajax

Well, let's hope so (in my best Billy Connolly accent).
  • Not just the fatigue mind you, the little angels are stressed as well according to Poch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47994865
  • happy happy joy joy
  • just popped onto the spuds forum and blushed at all those rude words, tut, tut, I wonder what has made them so angry :whistle: :lol: :wahoo: :scarf:
  • Can Son get any retrospective punishment for that blatant stamping on Snodgrass's foot?
  • No it’s the spuds
  • How good was Noble yesterday btw. That guy is a proper footballer and person. It will be a sad day for football when he has to stop.
  • We had a stack of stand out players yesterday, Fab, Issa, Declan, Anderson. And one of my players of the season, Snoddy. What he lacks in finesse he doubles up for in passion and intent.
  • What a great result! :bowdown: :bowdown:
  • Can Son get any retrospective punishment for that blatant stamping on Snodgrass's foot?

He certainly should do it was blatant and unnecessary and shows the nasty side of Spurs which lurks beneath, surfacing when things don’t go their way. Totally out of order.
  • Don’t forget Alli,s dive in the first half :angry: no doubt it won’t get mentioned on motd
  • Looking at the match yesterday Spurs don’t look anything that special, looked a tired and listless side with a manager who has run out of ideas and should probably move on.
  • Delighted with the performance, as I was with the game against Man United.

But why oh why can't we be as good against the teams around us????
  • C&B

They've been the best of the rest most of the season, and are in a CL semi-final. Think, on reflection, they should be thinking they've done very well this season.
  • Just catching up with MOTD. Glad they actually called Son out for the stamp on Snodders, but so frustrating to see the linesman stood less than two feet away wave his finger and say 'no'.

That, and the ignoring of Alli's dive, are just more examples of how bad the officiating has become.
  • edited April 2019
    The stamp by Son should get retrospective action as no free kick was awarded I think, cannot blame Ref Taylor but the assistant should have def flagged..
    Ali, totally overrated player IMO, just dont get all the hype, and his cringeworthy puppet hand celebrations with Son when he does score are enough to make me wanna puke..

Actually thought referee Anthony Taylor in general had a decent game..

Well done again to our team, Iv'e critisced them and Pelle at times this season, but yesterday they got it spot on.... :clap:
  • edited April 2019
    Recently we've been complaining about refereeing decisions (penalties, offisdes, etc) going against us when we play the "big clubs".

I have no complaints about the refereeing yesterday

Therefore I conclude that Spurs cannot be a "big club".
  • edited April 2019
    All that's needed now is for West Ham Women to beat ManCity Women next week and we'll have two Cups in the trophy room. :biggrin:
  • edited April 2019
    :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio:
  • All that's needed now is for West Ham Women to beat ManU Women next week and we'll have two Cups in the trophy room. :biggrin:

Not sure about that, we're playing City. :lol:
  • edited April 2019
    Herb, oops my mistake, I'll just correct that :lol:

There, all done. :ok: :biggrin:
  • Nobody will notice.
  • C&B

They've been the best of the rest most of the season, and are in a CL semi-final. Think, on reflection, they should be thinking they've done very well this season.

I disagree of the other clubs in the top 4 Spurs have lost as many as the other clubs have put together (that’s 12 games to the other 3 teams total of 11 I think) for all their promise they have won nothing so far, as is a normal for them (although I accept they have a chance in the CL) I just think their coach has run out of ideas with them and taken the current squad as far as he can.
    We shall agree to differ on our opinions in regards to Spurs.
  • Hamstew said:

:antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio: :antonio:

just need some clowns now
This discussion has been closed.