Spurs v West Ham 27/04/19 - Match Thread

Comments

• The assist by Arnie was superb...Happy weekend everyone :wahoo:
  • Great win, some fine performances. It's going to be fab weekendm :wahoo: :scarf: :wahoo:
  • Diop & Fredericks were fantastic!
  • edited April 2019
    Back line was solid other than a few in behind balls on the wings.
    Midfield did its job.

On another day a few more of those go in and we win that comfortably.

Only disappointing thing was the accuracy of some of the long passes a bit more quality on those kind of passes and we get an extra 5 or so 1 on 1 chances against the keeper
  • Does this mean that after the last three games the penny has finally dropped and they now realise they have to give it their all from the first whistle to the last.
  • When are Chelsea rebuilding their gaff? :biggrin:
  • IronHerb said:

Ironherb Spurs ground sells loads of beer in bottom filling glasses.

Not today it doesn’t
    Was it perhaps before the time u allowed to sell alcohol ??..
    Does that even exist? :nonono:
  • Noble MOTM but good performances all over the pitch. Arnies assist was brilliant and he looked to be back near his best. Now where is that beer I’ve been looking for? :biggrin:
  • I have never read a forum so devoid of grace and perspective as that Spurs forum. The vitriol pouring out of them no one would think that they are in a winnable Champions League semi final next week, third in the table, finally finishing above their north London rivals in decades and a brand new stadium which is the envy of most of the league.

They are blaming the pitch which someone wants ripped up, the team, which someone wants broken up to start again and the owners for being more interested in stadiums than the team!!!! a team that's in the champions league semi.

I think in among the avalanche of bile and bad language one poor soul who must wonder what he is doing there managed to actually give us some credit for a good performance. Spurs are the most graceless of all supporters in my book.
  • Go easy on them, they just lost their cup final :biggrin:
  • Whatever Pelle said to them at half time really worked... we've out-Arsenaled Arsenal, dominated Man U, and now made Spurs look clueless. Can we play them all every week? ;)
  • edited April 2019
    Anderson was outstanding I thought. Him, Noble & Masuaku were my standouts. But the entire side was excellent. Antonio frustrates me on occasions (that bit of sloppy play just before they had the effort off the line), but he gets let off as he scored. :biggrin:
  • edited April 2019
    From the BBC live reporting:
    "Mark Noble hands the armband to Declan Rice and takes his time sauntering to the sidelines in West Ham's final change."

Like as if it's never happened before - although I can't recall it being emphasised as much.
  • “The captain Mark Noble gave a really good speech before the game which geed everyone up and he made it clear what the fans think about this game.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/april/27-april/fredericks-its-great-feeling-be-first-side-win-tottenham
  • First away team to score there, first away team to win there. Simples.

:clap: :ok:

• I have never read a forum so devoid of grace and perspective as that Spurs forum. The vitriol pouring out of them no one would think that they are in a winnable Champions League semi final next week, third in the table, finally finishing above their north London rivals in decades and a brand new stadium which is the envy of most of the league.

They are blaming the pitch which someone wants ripped up, the team, which someone wants broken up to start again and the owners for being more interested in stadiums than the team!!!! a team that's in the champions league semi.

I think in among the avalanche of bile and bad language one poor soul who must wonder what he is doing there managed to actually give us some credit for a good performance. Spurs are the most graceless of all supporters in my book.

The gift that never stops giving, absolutely deluded fanbase
  • And later, we have the pleasure of discussing the game in our favourite bar with the Spurs supporting owner.
  • I texted by Spurs supporting colleague and it turns out he recently stopped following football and is now only into lacrosse, which is inconvenient timing for me
  • Funny clip on the OS of Antonio and Anderson visiting a family who’ve renewed their season tickets. In a kick about in the garden Antonio manages to put it over the fence into next door and says “I’m used to putting it out of the stadium”.
  • edited April 2019
    90 minutes done. Cue

Whatever Pelle said to them at half time really worked... we've out-Arsenaled Arsenal, dominated Man U, and now made Spurs look clueless. Can we play them all every week? ;)

And then lost to the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley and Cardiff :doh:
  • What a win. Was strange to me seeing the grief Antonio was getting before his goal. I thought he was one of the better players.
  • The following stat will come as no surprise...

• edited April 2019
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned it already but Antonio also scored the first goal at the London Stadium in 1-0 win v Bournemouth on 21 August 2016.
    He seems to enjoy being the first to score in new stadiums. Who's next? :biggrin:
  • It was a top class performance all round, albeit Spurs looked very leggy and short of ideas.

Rice made an absolute mockery of Dier, not just as a DM but as a football player.

I was really pleased to see Balbuena and Diop back together - I think we looked strongest at the back earlier in the season when those two had a run together. Sure, they're still learning, and Diop will make mistakes, but we look stronger at the back when they play. I also think we play better football when those two are starting moves off.

Anderson was good but looks shattered. I think next season he will be fitter, have a better understanding of the demands of the league, and be even better.

Antonio and Arnie were frustrating at times but had much better second halves, especially Arnie. They gave everything.

And Noble was superb. He knew from the first few seconds what it meant to the fans to be up against Spurs, and that went right through the team.

Well done everybody :clap:
  • edited April 2019
    Just been on "the fighting ****" forum and now any faint trace I might've had for a very slight bias towards spuds vs Ajax (simply because they're English and also my daughter's partner's team) has totally disappeared.
    I really want them to be as humiliated as they were today. :scarf:
  • Diop (and the team) are better with Balbuena but I also think Dip is Balbuena's best partner. They're the two who are best at effectively using the offside trap Pellegrini obviously likes.

Some really great performances today. Diop back to form, Fredericks probably had his best game for us. Noble ran the midfield. Fabianski good as usual. The rest all had very decent performances.
  • You should watch some of their fan cams on YouTube. They say the game means nothing then complain that thier players don't turn up :lol:
  • Balbuena & Diop certainly look the best pairing we have available. Them two with Rice in front & Fab behind is a very good core going forward.

Noble was excellent but we all thought he would be for this game. Some real moments of quality from him. Not sure why Pellegrini felt the need to bring him off but no harm done.
This discussion has been closed.