West ham united v Leicester city KO 15:00 on 20th April 2019

Comments

• Fed up. Can't wait for VAR. Outrageous
  • Var. Now.
  • :beer: anyone
  • Really unfortunate, up until that last decision, I actually thought the refs had a good game, to be fair to Leicester, we drifted a bit and they came back to make a game of it but the points should have been ours

:angry:
  • I'm too sick.
  • Some may see it evens itself out over a season. I have to firmly disagree. We have suffered from such poor refereeing of late.
  • Another wrong decision, at least it was close i guess but so frustrating...
    A point tho possibly a fair result, but these " goals" ruled out do grind on me...
  • How about the offside ones allowed against us?

#stillangry
  • Some may see it evens itself out over a season. I have to firmly disagree. We have suffered from such poor refereeing of late.

Yeah, I hate it when people say that. 38 games is not enough to say that each team will have the same number of decisions for vs decisions against.
  • edited April 2019
    Clearly onside :angry:

• To everyone except the people who are paid to see it.
  • Clearly onside :angry:

it's not even close.
  • It’s pretty tight to be fair

We should have defended the goal better
  • So we are told the wrong decisions balance themselves out over a season. Can someone please advise me apart from Javiers punch goal v Fulham where else we have got the benefit of a dodgy call by the officials? In the last two weeks we have had 3 very poor decisions go against us & I expect there have been more since the season started. The very small crumb of comfort is they aren't going to cost us much if anything with regard to relegation or European qualification. Bring on VAR it's as if the officials have started to operate as if it is already in use. :angry:
  • It happens every season: refs start reasonably ok, then in the last part of the season they go to bits. Is it fatigue? pressure? Complacency? Bribery? Halo effect? Any other suggestions?
    Whatever, I'm fed up with it. West Ham get the short end of the stick every season :angry:
  • That's three games in a row that have been entertaining to watch (apart from the reffing & the result.) Thank you for that, Mr Pellegrini :ok:
  • Lineker and Co. actually laughing about the disallowed goal on MOTD.

Standard fare for those lot.
  • Even St Brendon admitted that they got away with one there.
  • Lineker and Co. actually laughing about the disallowed goal on MOTD.

Standard fare for those lot.

Tbh, this really gets my goat. If it were a disallowed goal for Liverpool that cost them points it would be discussed at length, very seriously, blah blah blah, but because it's only West Ham, well, they feel free to dismiss it as one of those things. It was the same as the goal against Man Utd, the ridiculous offside against Liverpool, and likewise the decisions for the big clubs and against the smaller clubs.
  • edited April 2019
    I can’t stand Lineker. He’s so far up his own backside he can watch the crisps he eats go past him.
  • He always seems quite modest to me.
  • edited April 2019
    Thought that ref Lee Probert had a more than decent game, let it flowed as much as possible and not blowing his whistle every minute, his assistant got the more difficult " goal " we scored correct and missed the easier one, so frustrating and hate getting use to it, however Luke said their 2nd goal was all too easy which I agree with, but if we'd correctly gone 3-1 up the 3 points would have been ours...
  • The worst thing about bad decisions for me in football is that they are often game changers.

In the case if Cardiff, they are season changers.
  • edited April 2019
    The long absence from the starting 11 seems to have done Arthur the world of good. Has looked a proper LB the last two games. If we can get any sort of consistency out of him I still think he could be our LB for a few seasons.
  • I think his improvement has a lot to do with him playing with a more attacking mindset in the past two games. For most of this season he's been trying to be more defensive, and very hesitant to go forward, but not good at it. So we've had his usual bad defending without the thing he actually excels at. I wonder if Pellegrini gave him order to be more attacking now. Maybe Anderson getting better at tracking back as freed him up more as well.
  • Just watched the 2nd half as I had to go to work after the 1st half.
    I blame the commentator for their first goal. They literally scored 5 seconds after he said “Leicester are really toiling today. They haven’t troubled Fabianski at all.”
  • Grrrrr down with all commentators all ways have to much to say
    :biggrin:
  • Lukerz said:

The long absence from the starting 11 seems to have done Arthur the world of good. Has looked a proper LB the last two games. If we can get any sort of consistency out of him I still think he could be our LB for a few seasons.

“For Arthur I think there were parts of games this season where he didn’t do badly, some he did better. There were some mistakes because he was not 100% used to that position, but I think he has all the options to do it well.”
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/april/19-april/pellegrini-looking-forward-midfielders-return#dGlegEbyo0HHMEqo.99
  • Masuaku has the ability. Both defensively and offensively. It’s the mental side of his game where he lacks. He often doesn’t track a runner into the box, which has lead to a few goals this season. He can’t be trusted unless he can sort that out.
  • Yeah, I kind of feel he's better when he's doing more. He'll track a runner if he's already rushing about covering positions but he switches off when it's been quiet on his side and he's standing still against a player running into the box.
This discussion has been closed.