Man Utd away 13th April 17.30 kickoff

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2019
    I didn't see the game but it sounds like we stepped up and were very unlucky.

So what made us decide to turn up? Was it the big stage? Was the absence of Arnie from the squad a factor? Were the players auditioning for a move elsewhere?

Seems strange that we can flip-flop so spectacularly from utterly useless against a team that Fulham beat yesterday, to out-playing a Champions League contender.

Anyone have any idea as to why?
  • Arnie being out is a big factor for me, but obviously only conjecture
  • Whereas I reckon if Arnie was in the starting 11 instead of Hernandez we might have won, Arnie did really well in 2nd half V Chelsea..And as the lone striker we all know Little Pea offers naff all...
    But as Luke said, who knows.....The inconsistent part is the most annoying this season for me.
  • That was a cracking performance, albeit against a poor United side, who played midweek & had injuries, but the annoying thing is that we won’t put in that level of display next week. We were good second half v Chelsea, great yesterday, showing we have the 11 to match the top four & it’s not even ‘on our day’, as we have matched them all several times this season.

But we need to replicate the way we started & popped it about & that intensity next week & most weeks, not when we are all up for playing the big boys. You only had to listen to Anderson before the game saying how it would be a dream to play at OT.

As jay says, the worst thing about this season has been how inconsistent we are.
  • Lukerz said:

Arnie being out is a big factor for me, but obviously only conjecture

That was my initial thought. He wasn't in the match day eighteen and we turn in that kind of performance. Possibly a coincidence, but I guess we'll never know.
  • Surely Antonio put a good case for starting as a lone striker. Yet again we see Hernandez needs someone close to play off and is best suited to a sub when chasing the game with 2 up top. Masuaka played far better than Cresswell has recently and Lanzini was better, at last. Defo need a new right back and though I like his energy and commitment Snodgrass should not really be in our first X1.
  • edited April 2019
    I ended that game feeling very cross but not in the way I had expected.

Rolling my eyes and muttering typical Old Trafford refereeing (expletives removed).

Proud of the way we played in places but cant understand how some players are so bad one week then good the next :hmm:
This discussion has been closed.