Other games this weekend - 2nd / 3rd March & European games.

Comments

• Steve add Millwall....
  • edited March 2019
    Man Utd making a fist of it, PSG making a pig's ear of it.

From Buffon to buffoon and it's 1-2.
  • Am Dram night in Paris.
  • Rashford's been watching Marky Mark's penalty technique. Identical to the Newcastle one, though probably a tad more pressure. Proper bottle.
  • That won’t need VAR next season as it will be a penalty from the off under the new handball law.
  • Fair play to Man Utd.

What bottle from Rashford.
  • That won’t need VAR next season as it will be a penalty from the off under the new handball law.

Only if it's in the penalty area ;whistle
  • United through
  • thorn, you're assuming that the ref saw it.
  • I think the ref saw it otherwise he’d have given a goal kick.
  • It was definitely deflected for a corner though.
  • Another, and correct, VAR pen given to Porto. ;wahoo
  • Can’t believe that in the end I wanted manure to win ;weep
  • edited March 2019
    Look at it more that you wanted PSG to lose, it makes it easier to accept. ;lol
  • Neymar entering into the Trumpian spirit by declaring it hit the defender's back...
  • ammerinaberdeen

Maybe it's the Solskjaer effect - he looks happy at being given the job, unlike Mourinho who gave the impression that he was doing Manure a favour.
  • Throughout the Fergie years I hated them in the PL, but enjoyed them carrying the Pl flag in Europe.. They always played to win and with heart.

I was watching the game with PSG friends last night trying very hard not to laugh....
  • I've always wanted our teams to do well in Europe despite any negativity toward them . I also like OGS. Seems like a decent bloke with a positive non Mourinho demeanour!
  • I love listening to OGS speak. Amazing accent.
  • I can never want Spurs to do well. In any situation
  • MrsGrey said:

I love listening to OGS speak. Amazing accent.

And he also looks like Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis at the same time. Amazing.
  • It seems the PL are considering that the VAR officials make the decisions and not pass them to the on field ref to look at a screen.
    It makes some sense because if the VAR mob tell the ref to look at the screen it’s implying that they’ve already decided what the decision ought to be.
    If they do adopt this practice it would align with the way it’s used in rugby and to a degree in cricket.
  • and it'll save time too...
  • Yes but if they let the ref off the hook who are we going to shout at. ;weep
  • We'll just have to shout at the TV. I've been in training....
  • So if the PL decide on this process what happens IF any of our referees are appointed to a European match & are asked to review a decision? Do they simple just take what the VAR officials say? I understand both of our refs were taken off any games in Europe for the remainder of this season as we aren't using VAR.
  • At lest spurs lost ;lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Saints won ;weep
  • Silva goes with his hand, a la Chico, but is not castigated as a cheat...
  • Klopp won’t be happy with that City goal
  • Isn't that a shame? ;biggrin