WEST HAM at home to NEWCASTLE Saturday 2 March - kick off at 5.30pm UK time

Comments

• What I wanted was Billy Bonds on the pitch looking after him.

Maybe throw Dicks in the mix, too.

• Just had a look, and our away form is dreadful. 1 point from the last 18 ;hmm
  • No, 1 from 15. You may be counting the Wimbledon game. ;hmm
  • We’ve lost 3 out of 13 home league games since losing to Wolves at the start of September (Man City, Spurs, Watford). That’s not too bad for a mid table side. 5 all season isn’t too bad either. No reason why we can’t get to the end of the season without losing another home game with our fixtures.
  • IronHerb said:

No, 1 from 15. You may be counting the Wimbledon game. ;hmm

Yeah I was. I know there’s no points for it but losing to Wimbledon shouldn’t be forgotten, IMO
  • Lukerz said:

We’ve lost 3 out of 13 home league games since losing to Wolves at the start of September (Man City, Spurs, Watford). That’s not too bad for a mid table side. 5 all season isn’t too bad either. No reason why we can’t get to the end of the season without losing another home game with our fixtures.

And it's also worth considering Man City's penalty was soft and our draw against a Liverpool player being offside.
  • Lukerz said:

No reason why we can’t get to the end of the season without losing another home game with our fixtures.

Especially if the ref lets our players score with their hands ;wink
  • So Wolves are away to Chelsea this weekend & Watford away to Man City. So you’d think a big chance to really close on 7th with a win in our game.

You know what happens next...
  • edited March 2019
    Loss?
  • Relegation?
  • More Injuries ?
  • Astra Giurgiu?
  • edited March 2019
    Mullets, comb overs and a dodgy tash ? ;hmm
  • Bobby Ewing comes out of the bathroom?
  • Hamstew said:

Mullets, comb overs and a dodgy tash ? ;hmm

Laugh all you like, but for the last six months I have been sporting a full comb-over, attempted moustache and goatee and a feather cut.

You would not believe the admiring glances that I am aware have been coming my way.

• You would not believe the admiring alarmed glances that I am aware have been coming my way.
    Fixed it! ;wink
  • Definition of a mullet:

Short at the front

Long at the back

Ridiculous all over
    ;lol
  • I think Ogbonna deserves some credit. He's looked really good and much improved in the last few games!
  • edited March 2019
    For those saying a few weeks ago that we have nothing left to play for this season ....... there is still a possibility of 7th or even 8th being good enough for a place in the Europa League.
  • Won't get in on 8th.
  • It’s all down to who wins the Europa League and FA Cup? If the stars align, it could happen. 6th place is already guaranteed.
  • 1-4 Champions League, 5 Europa Cup, 6 Europa Cup (FA Cup Winner), 7 Europa Cup (League Cup Winner).

So as long as one of the top six win the FA Cup then Europa Cup is positions 5 -7.
  • Do we really want to lose to a Romanian Pub team again....

Starting preseason in June..
  • No ambition, no progress.
  • I want us to finish 5th...
  • I am looking forward to the remainder of the season and with a clear purpose, to finish 7th. That is within reach and will very much keeps the interest going. After a change of manager and playing style, new players and our very poor start plus the injuries to key players I will consider that a succesful season.
  • 100% I'd like us to qualify for Europe depsite what happens the last (two) times

If we ever get to the next level, chances are we are gonna need to buy in the best players from European clubs that we can (as buying between EPL teams is extortionate)

We need to impress and right now we are miles away from the Champions League

Plus if we qualify we will benefit from the extra revenue

I have faith in our squad/youth team to have a better go of it this year
  • IronHerb said:

1-4 Champions League, 5 Europa Cup, 6 Europa Cup (FA Cup Winner), 7 Europa Cup (League Cup Winner).

So as long as one of the top six win the FA Cup then Europa Cup is positions 5 -7.

If Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League AND finish outside the top 4, then we have an 8th team in Europe - 5 in the Champions League and 3 in the Europa League
  • I want us to finish 5th...

I want us to finish first.
This discussion has been closed.