WEST HAM at home to NEWCASTLE Saturday 2 March - kick off at 5.30pm UK time

Comments

• Very good performance...

5-0 on the season against Newcastle...

coyi
  • Nothing much to complain about there. Efficient, clean sheet, 3 home points, and a bit of squad rotation. Lanzini looks class again after a horrible injury, but we have options.
    I love beating Newcastle.
    Billy Bonds has his stand at last.
    We got Declan Rice.
  • A very professional performance. Felt like we just saw out the second half rather than pushing on for more goals, but nice to be able to do that.

Newcastle weren't very good, which obviously helped.

Lanzini got the MOTM in the stadium, but it was Rice for me. Another very assured performance and he brings a lot of composure to our midfield.

Diop and Ogbonna were excellent, too, but I felt we were lacking in the final third. Anderson seems to have lost a bit on confidence and Lanzini (understandably) isn't quite there in terms of sharpness (of foot and mind).

Still, a good three points and 7th is within striking distance again.
  • Solid performance i certainly think Pellegrini did his homework last night on Newcastle.
  • edited March 2019
    Nothing at all to moan about today. Great first half then saw the game out. I actually thought Chicorito did alright personally.
  • happy happy joy joy
  • Loved Declan's goal celebration... ;lol
    Very efficient performance with some really great defending all round..
    Anderson, Snodgrass & Little gem ran their socks off, not always coming off, but well done to all.
    A great tribute 2 Billy Bonds, someone who really deserves the " LEGEND " status ;bowdown
  • Can't believe they didn't ask Dekkers about his goal celebration in the post-match interview!

Also, Nobby doing some punditry for one of the broadcasters. ;nolan ;porkpie
  • Saw on the BBC that this is the first time we’ve had 5 home league wins on the bounce since moving in ;clap
  • MOTD, Goals on Sunday, footie tomorrow with no anxiety ...

If Carling did Sundays...

;wahoo
  • Alderz we haven’t as we drew with Liverpool. What we have had is 5 successive home games unbeaten in all competitions.
  • Carlsberg do better ones.
  • As near to a 'routine' win as we've had all season.

Newcastle never really looked like getting near us.
  • Rice MOM on the beeb
  • Carlsberg do better ones.

;doh

;lol
  • “SEAN LONGSTAFF IS BETTER THAN DECLAN RICE”

45EB65F7-CBF3-4412-A408-31C411D48C2F
  • Its March we are on 39 points, I watched the game in a state of calm, my system is in shock, this is not West Ham but some alternative future, struggling not being nervous and depressed about my team choice ;scarf
  • What did Cressers have to be subbed? Broke his toe again?
  • hopefully this is the beginning of a nice run again.

Cardiff Away
    Huddersfield at Home
    Everton at Home

9 points from those.

Watford have Leicester, City and Man U
    Wolves have Chelsea, Burnley, Man U

If things go our way and we secure the points we could make up the points on both of those clubs.
  • edited March 2019

Noble booked for an untidy lunge.

He really is a liability in that respect

From Noble's column in the Evening Standard yesterday
    I used to fly into tackles when I was a young player but now, after being sent off and too many yellows, I have to be a lot more circumspect. In fact, every time I go in for a challenge now, I’m worried about a straight red and leaving your team in trouble.
  • edited March 2019
    Really impressed with how we defended today. Almost like we were defending to preserve our status in the league. Given that we are only really playing for league standing, that was surprising.

A good 3 points against a side we usually fluff it against & Rice, once again, outstanding. Liked what I saw of Fredericks again & the pressing/work rate of the side was top class.
  • I think that Lanzini getting motm is a bit of an emotional award, really pleased to see him back but it is clear that his match sharpness is not quite there yet, for me Rice all day long..

At one point he was in close control with four Geordie’s and he had no right to come out with the ball and lay it off, but that is just what he did.

For once I am really looking forward to the next couple of years, I really feel that there is a chance of progression, certainly enough to claim the “best of the rest title”

NURSE!!!!!!
  • I may have misheard the quote on the Polish commentary, but apparently Pellegrini has qualified for Europe in his first season with every European club he’s managed. Worth a flutter?
  • Alderz we haven’t as we drew with Liverpool. What we have had is 5 successive home games unbeaten in all competitions.

;doh

I should know not to trust the BBC
  • edited March 2019
    I thought Hernandez had a good game and worked hard.

A good all round performance from everyone.

My three highlights;
    1. Billy Bonds - I hope it was clear yesterday just how must he is loved.
    2. Rice - What a performance.
    3. Lanzini coming through an entire game unscathed.

• Funny old game. Apparently we were in a relegation battle after the Wolves defeat. ;lol
  • edited March 2019

I thought Hernandez had a good game and worked hard.

A good all round performance from everyone.

My three highlights;
    1. Billy Bonds - I hope it was clear yesterday just how must he is loved.
    2. Rice - What a performance.
    3. Lanzini coming through an entire game unscathed.

Ok four,

4. That Diop tackle!
  • Anyone else notice Lanzini go down in the first half. I thought ;pray
  • Anytime a Newcastle player went near him I held my breath.

What I wanted was Billy Bonds on the pitch looking after him.
This discussion has been closed.