Get Out of My League! - The dreaded drop, and who's for it?

Comments

• I didn't mention that as I assumed it was obvious

A midweek round that probably saw Fulham's last hope gone, as they lost out to Southampton, who edged ahead of Cardiff as a result.

Huddersfield, cruelly, posted a win, so that some of their fans who were resigned to relegation now find themselves thinking 'I know, but what if...'
    Newcastle find themselves 6 points clear of 18th.

On current form for both last 6 and last 10, Cardiff would stay up at Brighton's expense, by 6 or 2 points, which makes BRI v CAR in Week 31 around a 12 pointer, I reckon, taking hyperbole and inflation into account.

• edited March 2019

1a

On form, Cardiff have dropped back to being the side most likely to take the 3rd relegation spot. They are still 11 points off 36, with 9 games to go, 4 of which are against top 6 sides, so realistically, of the other 5 they need to win 4, or 3 and 2 draws. Which is unlikely.

On last 10/6 form, Cardiff would get 34 points, Southampton would get 38/35.
  • Don't worry, they play us next so they will get a kickstart to their escape then.
  • So what is the magic number that means PL survival, I reckon 39....
  • jay

You could be right this year, but I still think Cardiff will struggle to get more than 36.
  • U could well be right Grey after looking at their last 8 games ;ok
  • Don't worry, they play us next so they will get a kickstart to their escape then.

Correct
  • Almost, Munich..

Forgot to do this after the last round.

Burnley have had 4 losses on the spin, and are clearly off their feed, but I can't help feeling they will have enough about them.

Cardiff still look favourites, but have yet to play Burnley and Brighton, so you never know.

On last 10/6 form projected points would be:

Cardiff - 36/40
    Burnely - 38/37
    Soton - 42/3

• I just want Southampton to go down and never return!
  • Now that Hughes is gone I have no ill will towards the Saints and I only want Cardiff relegated because of Colin.

On the flipside Norwich looked nailed on to win the Championship and Leeds just leapfrogged into 2nd over Sheff Utd. I'd love it if Bristol City could sneak into the playoffs, they not been in the top flight since 1980.
  • edited April 2019

So, farewell, then, Huddersfield. Shame, but you were pretty pony this year.

Fulham could join them if they lose their midweek game at Watford, but I can't think anyone imagines they have any hope of avoiding the drop.

Cardiff narrowly failed to make the last team to go more interesting, but their loss to Chelsea, coupled with wins for Burnley and Soton probably leave them too much to do now. That said, they still have to play Burnley and Brighton, so 2 wins might make things a bit more interesting again.

Newcastle and Palace look pretty much safe.

• Farewell Fulham and good luck Scott Parker.
  • If somebody could arrange for Leeds to be in the play offs, get through to the final and lose, to anybody really. Anything as long as Leeds have substantial pain and misery.
  • If somebody could arrange for Leeds to be in the play offs, get through to the final and lose, to anybody really. Anything as long as Leeds have substantial pain and misery.

As long as its not Sheff Utd, rather Leeds than them (even without Colin).
  • Still hoping for Leeds and Millwall and Shef Utd to get a points deduction.
  • Tries very hard to stifle a smirk and fails miserably" :whistle:
  • Nice to see Parker getting another result yesterday
  • :biggrin:

Quality photo
    Makes me wanna do this
    :antonio:

Nobody likes to see that.

Well, I say nobody...
  • edited April 2019
    So Sheffield Utd next season :clownhorn:
  • edited April 2019
    Hamstew said:

So Sheffield It's next season :clownhorn:

• Odds on Warnock leaving Cardiff this summer then taking over at Sheffield United next season once they give their manager the boot for a poor start?
  • Expect the usual BBC stuff next season about their unfair relegation and how we supposedly cheated them out of the PL.
    Imagine what it’s going to be like in our games against them.
  • Don't worry Thorn. When we come to play them SKY will still be talking about this seasons title race and how unfair it is that someone has to come second.

Nobody likes to see that.

Well, I say nobody...
    They dont make Pez dispensers the way they used to...
  • It would be fantastic if our club would decide to print up that picture and sell it in the club shop. I was originally disappointed to see SU promoted but it may be nice watching them get relegated again next year. Is the chief louse McCabe ? still there. In truth I am sure all the players from back then have gone and my main dislike is towards McCabe, Warnock and ….. Sean Bean.
  • edited April 2019

It would be fantastic if our club would decide to print up that picture and sell it in the club shop. I was originally disappointed to see SU promoted but it may be nice watching them get relegated again next year. Is the chief louse McCabe ? still there. In truth I am sure all the players from back then have gone and my main dislike is towards McCabe, Warnock and ….. Sean Bean.

the lanisters knew how to handle Bean :biggrin: :lol: