Crystal Palace vs West Ham(A)KO 3pm Saturday February 9th

1235»

Comments

• Are you saying we asked for too much?
  • edited February 2019
    No, he just needs to show he can be bothered before he goes in the summer otherwise "what is the point", That is something I have been saying a lot recently when referring to West Ham!
  • As much as I have been disappointed in the whole Arnie saga, he did nothing wrong. He was left isolated as we were under the cosh.
  • I know Zaha can be irritating when he starts his antics, but man does he put a shift in. Several times today they were caught on the break, and he used his pace to cover back into their left half slot and make a telling tackle.
  • Also he had more shots on target which was more than we had in total. Also we had no shots second half whereas they had 17 so a hard earned and a bit of a lucky point.
    Seems from his post match comments that Pelle doesn’t know why we dropped deep second half trying to protect the 1-0 when he wanted us to still try to attack on the break.
  • I just can't stand that club. Maybe even more so than Spurs
  • First half was probably the most entertaining I’ve seen for a while.Great stuff from both sides.
    Second was a bit like The Alamo,so was good to get out with a point.
    Zara was brilliant I thought and yet again Fabianski kept us in the game.
  • Result would probably been different if the ref had (rightly) sent off Milivojevic for a second yellow.
  • I got the impression from the interview on MOTD that Milivojevic thought he was fortunate to stay on the pitch.
  • So did I and a few thousand others lol
  • And only a nasty deflection could Fabulankski!
  • Someone start the Fulham thread. I wanna see some Lanzini action ;wahoo
  • It has to be Mike...
  • I thought this was a pretty good performance & it builds upon what was an excellent performance against Liverpool. We played very well first half in what was an entertaining game, whereas second half we showed some really good defensive resolve to hang in as Palace came on strong. It took a Diop OG (IMO not Zaha’s goal) to break through.

They did have a few chances to score before they did, & you could argue they could have scored 4 in the second half, but pretty much all their chances came from us fluffing up the offside trap which we have mastered pretty well this season given it is a new tactic put in by the manager. It’s understandable given Fredericks lack of game time (5 league starts) that he wasn’t quite on the same wave length as the rest of the back four. It does look ugly when you get it wrong, but I don’t think we have got it wrong that often this season.

If we manage to take 3 points off Fulham that will be 5 very good points from those 3 fixtures. Obviously that is a tough game in it’s own right but I would back us.
  • 2--1 away win. Oggy from a corner and a Noble penalty. Zaha will score for them cos 1: he shouldn`t be playing and 2: he should have been sent off earlier in this game but the ref, lino, and fourth official all missed his straight red offence. Oh and his goal was also a YARD offside. ;scarf

Two out of threes not bad. Was driving down the A12 as the game was progressing, my son was following it on his phone for me. One nil: "don`t tell me, Noble penalty"
    ................ Oh, one all: "Zaha I suppose". "Oggy to score the winner". I think if Oggy had scored the winner my son would have had kittens and I may well have ended up in a ditch.

Only saw the MOTD highlights. Entertaining game from that, I think we did well to come out with a point. ;scarf
  • Hate Palace
  • Zaha's appeal has been rejected and he is to serve an extra match ban.

lol
  • Good I’m glad the fa made the right decision at the wrong time
  • Utter farce because he wouldn’t have played this week anyway
  • Too may loopholes to suit the guilty party...
  • Hate him and them
  • Hamstew,

Do you like Palace or not? I'm confused.

;whistle
  • edited February 2019
    Well Batshuayi looks naff
  • edited February 2019
    ;weep

I mean, ohh alright then ;thumbsup

He needs the system to suit him and also to learn his craft a bit (in terms of where he should be and when etc) then he'll be good. He cant be doing any worse than Benteke who's not scored in 5 years ;whistle
  • Imo Belgian strikers are generally overrated. Mostly a bit naff but with a hint of the occasional class ;whistle
  • So what you're saying is basically its a case of Belgian waffle that causes this phenomenon?

# ;weep
  • There all naff till they play us then they are world beaters
  • Cuz1 said:

There all naff till they play us then they are world beaters

I think it's more likely the other way around, world class until they join us. ;weep
This discussion has been closed.