Academy and Development Squad Developments (2019-20, now)

Comments

• Kids v Man U kids. 1-0 down :weep:

:coyi:
  • Boom!

1-1, just before half time. :goal:
  • Nathan Holland again.

Hopefully he'll get a chance with the first team now Antonio is injured.
  • Could do with Diangana now as well
  • Antonio is our only injured non-defender.

How will both Holland + Diangana get game time? :hmm:

Who are they displacing?
  • Kids v Newport (again) in the EFL Trophy.

:coyi:
  • 4-3 down at the moment
  • edited September 2019
    5-4 us. We were 4-1 down at one point.
  • edited September 2019
    All the goals

• We nearly messed it up at the end! It looked onside to me. Any reason why Holland wasn’t playing? I think Coventry was with the Ireland U-21s.
  • The U-21s look like they have the same defence coach as the 1st. team. :doh:
  • This will please Ham

Apparently the Newport player (Ryan Innis) sent off yesterday was giving his marching orders for biting Reece Hannam

It’s not just that - Innis is a Palace player who is on loan at Newport this season

• Typical Palace
  • edited September 2019
    Anyone else surprised when they heard Dmitri Halajko speak? Not the accent I was expecting from a chap with that name
  • Born and raised in the Republic of Ireland, surely they've missed out the apostrophe
    Mipo O'dubeko. :biggrin: :yercoat:
  • Born and raised in the Republic of Ireland, surely they've missed out the apostrophe
    Mipo O'dubeko. :biggrin: :yercoat:

Quick chat with Deccers and he'll be in the England squad within 18 months :whistle:

Looks like he could choose between Ireland and Nigeria should he ever get to senior international level.

Any opinions on him from the Emerald Isle, Grey?
  • OCS

Haven't seen much at all (at all...) of the young Irish teams, so blind Bambi on this one.
  • edited October 2019
    The U23s won again tonight, scoring 4 once more. Holland, Kemp and Scully have been on fire this season; hopefully they'll keep it going to put pressure on our underperforming first-teamers.
  • Don't forget this is the 2nd Division. We were relegated last season.
  • Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Zavon Hines is coach for the U14s.
  • :nonono: how old is he now like 22 :weep:
  • steve said:

:nonono: how old is he now like 22 :weep:

He will be 31 in December.

You have to remember that as you grow older time speeds up.

When you were five a year was 20% of your life

When you were 20 a year was 5% of your life

When you are 50 a year is 2% of your life
  • Nathan Trott has played every game since his loan move to Wimbledon apart from Milton Keynes away when he was off on international duty with the England U21s.

He's 3rd choice behind Aaron Ramsdale (Bournemouth, went on loan to Wimbledon last season) and Ellery Balcombe (Brentford, currently on loan with Viborg of Denmark).
  • From yesterdays' presser

"I think that Grady is doing what we wanted for him, same as Josh Cullen. He's a player without any doubt will be part of West Ham in the future. I trust a lot in Grady and I think it was better for him to go and play 40 games this season and be ready for next season, than to play here just some games. I think he must finish his season where he is."

No recall in January :hmm:
  • Guess who's scored again for the U23s
  • Holland, Kemp and Scully all found the net again tonight. Surely these lads are worth a go on the bench at least of the first team continue to struggle.
  • Holland is ready IMO
  • Holland has scored again. This time a 30 yard solo goal. And you should see what Grady has just done for West Brom.