Wolves vs West Ham (A) 29th Jan

Comments

• OCS, that's a little against our current form don't you think.
    More likely to be 0-6. ;weep
  • This is a manager that has never finished below 7th in his career, so is clearly no mug. He finished 3rd with Villarreal and 4th with Malaga in his debut seasons - two teams of equal or less standing than West Ham - but here he's presiding over a team that is looking at mid-table mediocrity.

So what is the problem? The players? The owners? Or is the club inherently broken?

Welcome to West Ham.
  • Even Fab is not sure he’ll be fit for Monday so it gets worse
  • ;weep

I'm off to find a pram I can throw toys out of.

#ProperFeedUpNow
  • #ProperFeedUpNow

Would you be looking for comfort food? ;biggrin
  • ;wotsits ;pizza ;porkpie ;burger ;cake ;redwine
  • Nothing ever changes at this club .
    No manager has been able to put any sort of back bone in the side.
    We also need a Captain who adds something to the team and can inspire the players. Against sides that have a bit about them i.e passion a plan and pace there is no point in Mark Noble being in the side. He can’t keep up and inspires nobody. He needs time and space as he is so slow now , how he still plays in the premier league is beyond me.
    Rice is the future and seeing him playing with Noble shows just how far Marks game has fallen.
    The team will not move forward properly until he is gone!!
  • Until we get a season where we are injury free or limited in injuries i.e (no long term injuries with less than 2 or 3 injuries total at a time) we will never grow.

A lot of this comes from dodgy recruitment.
  • Hutton, I believe that John Lyall put a lot of backbone into his sides.
  • IronHerb said:

#ProperFeedUpNow

Would you be looking for comfort food? ;biggrin

• What does Zaha know about us? ;hmm
  • Well imho it's about time they all grew up a bit, realized they are well paid people getting great rewards for doing a job they love and stop behaving like spoilt children.
    Crickey, if I threw my toys out of the pram every time something at work upset me nothing would ever had got done. ;angry
  • I found that perspective interesting.

There's part of me that reads it and thinks like, if there is speculation about Arnie then one of the other strikers at least should have been desperate to steal his place in the side. But then when Zaba said at the end that there's been plenty of other speculation too, it reminded me that there have been rumours about all four strikers. It's possible that they could all have been distracted this month as a result.

And that's only the speculation we know about. I'm sure there is plenty more in the dressing room that never comes out too.
  • Did you get much done at work Giant? ;run

;wink
  • edited January 2019
    Herb, I decided very early on that the less I did the less I could mess up so by doing very little I was actually helping my firm. ;biggrin
  • Do you work for the government by any chance ;lol
  • So what Zab has said kind of contradicts what Nobes said about understanding his offer but he’s giving 100% etc etc. I think they all felt let down by what happened and also with Hernandez apparently looking to move. Maybe also Perez and who knows who else.
  • thorn ;ok

It certainly appears that Zabaleta doesn't agree with Noble's assessment, but the fact they have different views suggests to me that we can't assume that everyone feels a certain way. Each player can only speak for themselves. Based on performances though, they definitely seemed to be disjointed / distracted / something else though.
  • I find it quite revealing that when Rice scored against Arsenal, it was pointed out that the team spirit seemed as good as its ever been, and our play was pretty easy on the eye and above all cohesive. Since Arnies bro twittered about China, and Arnie lost his head/mojo, we have been appallingly bad. The two seem linked to me.
  • It wouldn’t surprise me if it was a snowball. Arnie was left out against Bournemouth when we were in good form, the players probably felt let down by him, as did the manager. Andy probably felt he was starting by default, instead of on merit.

And after all that, if indeed he was given a pay rise or bonus in that new deal, some players probably felt quite miffed by that whole drama which resulted in him letting the side down. He also walks straight back into the side.

The news about his want to leave was out before the Arsenal game, but he played in that game regardless. So the team probably felt he was putting aside his personal desires for the good of his team-mates.

It clearly can’t excuse our last three games & is not the only factor, but if one of our most experienced players feels that way, I am inclined to give it some credit.
  • Simplistically....

When something's going wrong you must:

Whippet-2-645mk062911
  • Make like a greyhound?????
  • Baz, I'm sure there's a metaphor there, but for the life of me I don't get it. ;hmm
  • edited January 2019
    ;lol ;lol

When did Bill and Ben form that band? ;biggrin

Mods!
  • Was Little Weed the supplier. ;wink
  • Flob a lob a lob a lob
  • Well this discussion went downhill fast. ;lol
This discussion has been closed.