Wolves vs West Ham (A) 29th Jan

Comments

• I don’t like football anymore
  • imagelost said:

I don’t like football anymore

That’s fine we don’t seem to play it currently
  • Two shots in 90 odd minutes and neither of them on target.
    We are now producing some of the most inept performances we’ve seen in a long time and it will be interesting to see what garbage Pelle and the team trot out this time.
    We were never in this game from the first whistle to the last.
  • I'd place good money on us being closer to 17th than 7th come game 38 Adam ;ok

Ooh, I’ll take that bet! How much is ‘good money’? ;wink
  • Of late Pelle doesn't seem to have a plan B, saying that his plan A hasn't been much.

These last weeks are as poor as it got under Moyes, Sam & Slav, Manuel needs to improve this quick IMO..
  • 6 Nations to look forward to ...
  • Between now and the end of March we have 7 games against teams fighting for either the title or their survival in the PL.
    After our showing over the last three games I can see us struggling to get any wins in these games.
  • edited January 2019
    This is a manager that has never finished below 7th in his career, so is clearly no mug. He finished 3rd with Villarreal and 4th with Malaga in his debut seasons - two teams of equal or less standing than West Ham - but here he's presiding over a team that is looking at mid-table mediocrity.

So what is the problem? The players? The owners? Or is the club inherently broken?
  • So after tonight we may as well get the deck chairs out, season over? ;weep
  • Screenshot_20190129-222324
    Jesus. West ham that
  • West Ham summed up in one photo.
  • Bet he’s out until May...
  • Round about the 13th, I reckon ;ok
  • Dire, passionless performance from all except Rice and Antonio. 4 4 2 was a huge mistake, with Anderson not helping in defense enough. If Pelle insists on 4 at the back then we have to try 4 2 3 1, with Anderson central just behind a striker (if we can find one) and wide players who work up and down the pitch, probably Antonio and Diangana. Wolves played through us so easily that Pelle must consider a different formation.
  • Hamstew said:

Screenshot_20190129-222324
    Jesus. West ham that

You don't know whether to facepalm, laugh, cry or all 3.
  • all i can say is we need 9 points somehow.
  • edited January 2019
    We don't have a team or a plan, we have 10 outfield players who appear to have turned up with their kit and told to kick a ball into the net at the other end as best they can.
    It really is like watching 10 strangers running around in claret and blue.
    Wimbledon had a plan, Wolves had a plan, every team we play seems to have one, why don't we ever seem to? ;angry
  • Bubbles if they are told to kick the ball into the opposition’s net they are obviously ignoring the instruction because they can’t seem to get it anywhere near it.
  • I really am dreading Monday as I’m fearing a real hiding.
  • Broken toe for Arnie? You couldn’t make it up - 3 shambolic defeats and the season is falling apart......

• As he dropped his wallet on it after the game ?
  • Lol no the paperwork for his new deal
  • Hamstew said:

This result is actually making me more annoyed about Saturdays game.

I think that's the point many were making, we gave a few big players a rest and for nothing, to be fair even had we won 3-0 this evening most would have found it a hollow victory after Saturday, that we lost, but Zab, Fab, Rice and Anderson's legs were less tired today just makes little difference to most.

• edited January 2019
    I just realised that of the 14 players to play today, only 3 were summer signings (i.e. Pellegrini signings)! Fab, Diop and Anderson.

6 of the other Pellegrini signings are currently injured, while Fredericks has just returned from injury.
  • Three players I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of Nasri, Silva and Cresswell . Cresswell because he seemed to be finding his feet again, and Cresswell means no Masuaku. All within the space of a game or two, out. Not blaming Pelle for our recent performances. With our first choice 11 we play nice football. Our back up players simply aren`t good enough. Season after season is ruined by injuries. We are well and truly cursed. Supporting West Ham is horrible. Like getting a paper cut and stubbing your toe all at the same time. Horrible.
  • Playing "nice" football isn't enough when you have no backbone.
    Playing football isn't all about ability and skill a lot of it is about the mental attitude of going out and giving your all for your team.Something in all the years i have supported west ham we have never had in abundance.
  • Who is making the Liverpool thread. Or the "What will the West Ham vs Liverpool Cricket score be on Monday"
  • So what will the score be Yeold?
  • Mike, yep, we`ve always been a bit of a soft touch.

I know Pelle doesn`t play a back 3, but surely with our current fit players 3-4-3, or 3-5-2 looks an attractive option. I`d favour 3-4-3, something like:

.......................Fabianski.....................
    .........Zabaleta.....Diop.......Oggy..........
    Fredericks......Noble....Rice......Masuaku
    .............Daingana...Pea....Anderson.....

That`s got to make us a little more solid, and give us a little bit more pace. We still have Antonio and Snodgrass fit. That would be about it as far as useful players go. We have a whole first 11 injured.
  • At least 4-0 would be my prediction
This discussion has been closed.