AFC Wimbledon (A), 7:45pm Sat 26th January

Comments

• I am not sure what Pelle thinks the focus of the season is with the table looking as it does but for me this match had more importance than our next league match and should have deserved the stronger team,

Rice the main missing person.
  • Anderson and Rice need to come on
    Carroll and Obiang off for me
  • Are we really the PL side here.
  • Ref deciding fouls on height at both ends
  • Are we really the PL side here.

Yes.

Just a really, really bad one.
  • We showed against Burnley and Bournemouth that we’ve no chance of getting into Europe via the league so why abandon the cup unless we think we’d get City in round 5.
  • The most embarrassing 1st half performance from us for an absolute age, been totally outplayed...
  • So this game is good to see where the Deadwood is in the squad...
  • edited January 2019
    Think that is arguably the worst I have ever seen from a WHU side, including Avram, Zola etc

Hideous
  • Gutless and clueless.

Really good idea to rest players. We'll have a really fit team on Tuesday night, by the time our season is over.

Carroll and Hernandez look like they'd struggle in League One.

And how surprising that, with Masuaku in the side, their RW is the most dangerous player on the pitch.

Absolutely shameful.

What was the point in not playing our best team? To win the trophy of 'Top 10 Finish'?

Ridiculous.
  • Still too many clowns in our squad.
  • Few players out there are not putting a shift in. Or, may be thinking this would be a stroll in the park.
  • The thing is it's highly likely we won't even get anything against Wolves.
  • Balance all wrong I'm afraid.

Plus we clearly don't like it when a team really press us.
  • only upside is this will hopefully confirm to Pellers to dump Andy on the sideroad come June 1st.

Get Fiorentina and Valencia on the blower for Obiang and Hernandez.
  • Adrian; Fredericks Diop Ogbonna Masuaku; Rice Noble; Antonio Snodgrass Anderson; Hernandez

Is what I want to see for the second half.
  • Masuaku has bee skinned all evening long; Obiang awful, Carroll and Diagana missing, too many square passes, no penetration, awful. Need to play Fredericks at RB and send Antonio forward. Bring on Anderson for Carroll and Rice for Obiang.
  • edited January 2019
    Just staggering really. Wimbledon haven't won a game since Boxing Day. We have done what we seem to do every time we play a lower league team; mentally our players seem shot to pieces.

Honestly, some of these players may have played their last game in a West Ham shirt.
  • edited January 2019
    Rice has to come on, absolutely no doubt

And Anderson too

They will become fatigued as it goes on

God imagine where Wimbledon would be if they played like that against their fellow sides

Not sure which side is more embarrassing
  • I saw Manuel had a new haircut, hope he kept that hairdryer to use at HT, because if there was ever a time to use it, its now.
  • It must be bad. Grey is swearing on Twitter ;lol
  • Lukerz said:

God imagine where Wimbledon would be if they played like that against their fellow sides

Maybe they do.

But maybe their fellow sides are nowhere near as bad as our shower.
  • Our social media team busy winning the award for stating the obvious

IMG_20190126_204522
  • If be tempted to use all three subs

Anderson for Carroll (who needs to go)
    Rice for Obiang
    Cresswell for masuaku

I hope we see at least 2 of those

Just about the worst half of football I've seen from us in a good ol time
  • Will be really really surprised if we can pull ourselves out of the mire we’ve got ourselves into. We’ve shown absolutely nothing and not one shot on target in the first half against one of the worst teams in the EFL.
  • Triple sub but no Rice
  • 3 subs on this early is just asking for trouble, we'll end the game with 10 or 9 fit players.
  • ;doh ;doh ;doh
  • I’m lost for words!
This discussion has been closed.