AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United (19/01/19, 15:00 KO)

Comments

• Lacking in Arnies absense
  • We need a striker if Arnie has finished
  • edited January 2019
    Just heard that Bournemouth have had one clean sheet in fifteen games.

West Ham: hold my beer...
  • One clean sheet in 15 games for Bournemouth so along come the ideal opponents. We’ve not looked like scoring if we played until midnight.
  • Horribly heavy touch by Hernandez when he tries to play Diangana in after a poor Bournemouth clearance
  • 2-0 game over. So easy for Bournemouth.
  • I'm so frustrated. 1 step forward and 1 back
  • That's that then.
  • It's like a being on a bungee rope that's attached to the foot of the table
  • Mentality still isn’t right

We lack that killer ‘push on’ mentality

Poor result this
  • I'm off to You Tube to watch Rice's goal against Arsenal
  • I hate Bournemouth, I mean I really, really hate Bournemouth ;angry
  • We looked absolutely clueless
  • Come on, we all knew we weren't going to win this game. It's away at Bournemouth, last year we would have won but for the ref to give them a goal that not only was offside but a hand ball to boot.

There is always next week.
  • thorn

Not in the 2nd half we didn't.
  • Lukerz said:

Mentality still isn’t right

Poor result this

Exactly this. Was just so predictable.
  • edited January 2019
    I hate Bournemouth too, I also Blame Arnie.... ;wink
    Nah, a poor showing, little complaints, toothless a word that comes to mind, Cresswell my MOM for us, if there was one, with Diop close behind.
    Grey, upfront we were poor, surely u can even agree with that?...
  • ;doh and ;doh

So frustrating.
  • Hamstew said:

Lukerz said:

Mentality still isn’t right

Poor result this

Exactly this. Was just so predictable.
    Seconded.

Whenever we have the chance to push we have a wobble. It can only be a mentality thing because these players have proved they can beat anyone on their day.

Wolves and Liverpool next. Every chance we'll lose them both and to be honest, that'll probably be that for the season.

All out for the cup, I say.
  • We were very lucky to be in level at half time as they had a good goal disallowed and they could have had 2 or 3 in the 2nd half but we never looked like scoring.
    Away to Wolves next up in the league then home to Liverpool. Need to buck their ideas up.
    Put this one down to Arnie causing disruption so hope they forget him and get down to business properly.
  • They can't get up for games every week.
  • I expect more from Anderson. He gave the ball away so many times ;doh

Pass completion of 71% - lower than Nasri, Nobes + Antonio.
  • We were very lucky to be in level at half time as they had a good goal disallowed and they could have had 2 or 3 in the 2nd half but we never looked like scoring.
    Away to Wolves next up in the league then home to Liverpool. Need to buck their ideas up.
    Put this one down to Arnie causing disruption so hope they forget him and get down to business properly.

Their disallowed goal was not good. Wilson was offside.
  • edited January 2019

they had a good goal disallowed

It was clearly offside.

• Hamstew why can’t they. It’s what they’re paid megabucks for so I don’t think there’s any excuse to not feel like it. It’s a game of football and what they’re supposed to love doing.
  • I don't agree they weren't 'up for it'. And I don't agree they 'didn't feel like it'

They didn't play well in the first half, sure.

But then, if you know anything about football ( ;wink ) you know that that happens from time to time. To all teams.
  • I don't know what it is I cant explain it. Is it just me that had a vibe and a feeling that this would happen?
  • Kind of had a feeling we would be up for this ,To show Arnie what he would be missing shows what I know ;doh
  • Pretty shabby game throughout I thought.I think they deserved it as they looked sharper and obviously very very good on the break.Probably a similar performance from us as at Burnley.But it is West Ham,we blow so hot and cold and always have.Still,it's the cup next week and a match we shouldwin,so onwards and upwards.
  • We didn't play well, but 2-0 flattered them.
This discussion has been closed.