AFC Bournemouth v West Ham United (19/01/19, 15:00 KO)

Comments

• Hope so Preston ;ok

I look stupid most of the time anyway. I may as well look stupid while helping us get three points ;lol
  • Not sure I agree Jorderz. Have we been lumping it into the box? No. AC has been holding the ball up and laying off. He does play the Pelle way else he wouldn't be starting, or even playing.
  • Wilson starts for b,mouth ;fishslap
  • Herberz,

For me, we do play more crosses when Carroll plays, and most of the them unsuccessful.

Carroll does hold the ball up well. However, he always takes 4 or 5 touches, and slows things down.

He also gives away so many fouls.

But like you say, Pelle must trust him, so hopefully I’m wrong.
  • And Jorderz, I don't think you know me well enough to call me Herberz. ;lol
  • Herberz,

Sozzers!

Jorderz
  • Part of the problem is when they lump it up to AC and there's nobody else around. If we play more of a passing game, and players don't leave him isolated, we have more chance that he'll pass it quickly and keep the attack going.

We know what his strengths are, but I hope Pelle has told them to play in the usual way. (Which does involve crosses, but that's not all.)
  • I want to see him in the middle. I don't want to see him on the wing.
  • Crush the cherries and stamp on their pits ;wahoo
  • Bit strange, the NBC stream has no commentary. On the plus side I don’t have to listen to Tony Gale.
  • MIAHammer said:

Bit strange, the NBC stream has no commentary. On the plus side I don’t have to listen to Tony Gale.

Unbelievable. Commentary is back and who do we have? Tony Gale.
  • Stupid yellow for Carroll, gonna be on a knife edge all game now.
  • Galee on AC’s red card. It wasn’t that bad but it was worthy of a booking
    ;doh
  • Carroll always looks confused when a foul is given for him jumping elbow first.
  • Can we sub Carroll now

He doesn't fit into how we want to play
  • Close offside given against Bournemouth, Wilson given offside even though he didn't score, but he definitely interfered with play.
  • edited January 2019
    Anderson and Nasri seem a bit subdued, maybe not the movement ahead of them that they're used to.

Good effort by Nasri, just wide.
  • I would really like to see Carroll substituted at half time.
  • Can't get a stream at all - help ;weep
  • Still trying to work out what our game plan is, as the formation looks all over the place, seem to have players floating here there and everywhere but with zero purpose. No idea if this is because of the lack of movement up top or because Antonio and Anderson are just being played out the game.

Bournemouth certainly don't look on it either, they look just as confused as we do.
  • Also they must have hired the ref from the Birmingham game its a joke.
  • Very inconsistent reffing as usual, they have made a couple of fouls at least as bad as Carroll's, yet no yellows for them.
  • Ref is wearing a girdle, I think.

And why wasn't that a yellow card for that tackle on Zaba?
  • No attempts on target from either team in that first half.
  • Average performance from both teams, ref is Simon Hooper, rookie ref, showing it..
    AC has so far offered little, either bring Snodgrass on and move Antonio up front or Chicharito on, ok, Andy prove me wrong and grab a goal or 2 to win the game...
  • Well, from what I've seen through the stuttering streams, that half isn't getting on to any highlight reel...

Hopefully Pelle has an idea of how we can change it up in the 2nd half.
  • This has happened every time Carroll has featured this season, IMO.

He just doesn't fit Pellegrini's style. Would rather see Antonio moved up front and Snoddy on the right.
  • OCS he should be Plan B not Plan A.
  • I actually think this is a game where Perez would have been useful
This discussion has been closed.