The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• Also, 'securing his kids' futures'. If he hasn't already done that after thirteen years in the professional game then he's doing something wrong, IMO.

If the rumours about his gambling are true then its pretty obvious what he's doing wrong.
  • I also think we should maybe try and buy Loftus Cheek with a chunk of the money (and try our luck with a foreign striker as we all know theyre better financial value wise)

• edited January 2019

If the rumours about his gambling are true then its pretty obvious what he's doing wrong.

Is there any substance to these rumours? Apart from lots of people sharing and commenting gossip on Twitter and elsewhere, is there any foundation of anything real offered in evidence by any of these gossipers?
  • I've not read any evidence but it would explain why he wants to move to China when he could be playing for any top tier club in Europe (and earning decent wages).
  • I think “any” top tier club in Europe is a bit exaggerated unless by top tier you mean mid table. No top PL sides wanted him and I doubt the same applies in Spain, France, Italy etc.
    He’s been good for us for two half seasons and I would have liked to see how it panned out during the rest of his contract.
  • edited January 2019

I'd quite like to see Batshui-man in our squad. Think he'd get a few with the service out midfield could offer him.

And it would make our Baz ecstatic ;lol

deserves

I wanted to laugh, say excellent and give a thumbs up. One didnt seem enough ;wahoo
  • Arnie's comments appear to clarify the situation and if taken sincerely then we are in control and have all the options as he is clearly stating whilst he plays he gives 100%.

To me this means Chinese club have made offer and we can choose to accept or not but can do so knowing he will play to his full.

This means to me that they have to make an offer we cannot refuse( which would need be very high) or that Pelle has a view he would like to move him on as he has an eye on where to spend the funds.
  • Or maybe tell him he can go in the summer if he still wants to
  • Don't really think he gave 100% on Saturday.
  • edited January 2019
    Arnie is leaving. Very good player but I am over it already. I am not going to put myself through the sulking and moaning again as I did when Payet left.

(My moaning and sulking by the way)

• Ibrahimovic hinting at short term move to West Ham according to some story on news now
  • Zlatan?

Behave ;lol
  • No thanks
  • Messi? Surely his price must be dropping by now? ;whistle
  • edited January 2019
    Sun & TalkSPORT running exclusives that he will complete his move to China before the Bournemouth game.
  • If that is the case (bearing in mind, these media companies will probably say that Arnie will complete his move before the next game...for every game we play!), the offer must be very significant and a lot more than £35m, you’d think.
  • Sun and TalkSport are the same organisation.
  • IronHerb said:

Sun and TalkSport are the same organisation.

Enough said
  • Got to be a minimum of £50m-£60m. We will not find a striker that does for us what Arnie has over the last year. So no amount of money will see us adequately replace him.

I would rather we didn't fall into the trap of saying "we get £50m for Arnie, so we spend £40m on a new striker". If need be, we could find a striker for £15m who turns out to be a revelation who at the time of signing was thought of as a risk or not good enough to fill the void.
  • Various reports that Shanghai have upped their offer to £45m but the Mirror says we're holding out for £50m.

A few articles have mentioned that Sturridge is out of contract at the end of the season but don't think we need another "sicknote".
  • Latest titbit

It is hoped that Arnautovic has been sent away for a few days to clear his head. It is hoped there will be a meeting with MP at Rush Green when he returns. The transfer is down to MP, if he wants him to stay, he will not be sold. If MP thinks it's in the best interest of the rest of the squad that he goes, should our valuation be met, he will go.
  • Deeney anyone ? ;devil
  • edited January 2019

Deeney anyone ? ;devil

;fishslap

What he said.

Oh, and ;fishslap
  • What about Giroud - he is not getting that much game time at Chelsea
  • Well that’s interesting, due to the Tax in China they pay the fee again in taxes...

—-
    Still something not right about this story
    'Shanghai SIPG will test West Ham's resolve by raising bid to around £45m for Arnautovic'
    If it's a £45m fee, then there'll be a £45m Chinese state tax on the signing. £90m would make him world's fourth most expensive player in history.
  • Yep, just read that.....there is no way surely they will pay 80-90m for him?
  • Yet they're apparently willing to pay 2x35M for him ;hmm
  • edited January 2019
    They're not afraid to splash the cash. They spent £46m on Hulk in summer 2006. Oscar cost them £60m, reportedly. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36650578

That was, though, before this new tax.

And it seems the tax is only 100% on the portion of the fee that exceeds $7m.

I suppose that's why they are trying to keep transfer fees down but boost the wages part of the deal....