The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

Comments

• No what ;puzzled
  • No, no one wants Baz to be ecstatic.
  • On the whole our transfers in the January window haven't been brilliant.

Two seasons ago we had money from selling Payet, we bought Snoddy who didn't show us how good he could be until after he came back from being out on loan in the Championship where he scored goals (8 in 43), won MotM awards, etc.

Last season we sold Sakho and Ayew, we bought Hugill who hardly played at all and now he's on loan in the Championship where he's scoring goals (6 in 24), winning MotM awards, etc.

Hang on a minute...
  • So Hugill is going be to be Arnautovic next season?
  • Is he on loan?
  • Hugill is physically similar to Arnautovic. This ties in with my conspiracy theory that Pellegrini has had a hand in transfers at least since Bilic left.
  • Is he on loan?

At Middlesbrough until the end of the season, started 12 of the last 16 games.
  • For some reason I thought that we had sold him.
  • Dzeko being mooted
  • £50m is a lot, yes but who would you get from any other premier league team?

Does anyone have a better striker than we do outside of the big 6?

If you buy a player from abroad for £30m what are the chances that he'll be of the same standard as Arnie? I think one in 4 of our forward signings have been ok.

Tough decision.
  • edited January 2019
    I rate Arnie so highly that the only striker I feel better in the premiership is Salah, who is not just better but a different league to anyone else. Were Arnie and Kane both the same age I would value Arnie higher, same goes for Luakaku. He is almost complete in he is big and strong, yet very fast, with great close control and fast feet.

I cant recall a more complete striker we have had in the past few years.

On a more light hearted note if he does pick up a bumper pay deal I hope he will send Moyes a case of his favourite tipple, I don't imagine for a minute we would be having this thread were he kept on the wing. More likely, great in moments but doesn't have enough impact, might need move him on in the summer.
  • Dzeko being mooted

;nonono

I think he's my age.
  • edited January 2019

Dzeko being mooted

;nonono

I think he's my age.
    Exactly, early twenties. At his peak.......................
  • Jovic from Eintract Frankfurt is very good according to my german colleagues ;hmm
  • Dzeko being mooted

;nonono

I think he's my age.
    Exactly, early twenties. At his peak.......................
    Chokes on his tea ;biggrin
  • edited January 2019
    Sala from Nantes if only just to upset Colin as Cardiff want him although he is rated quite highly? ;wink
  • Couple of quotes from Noble on the Arnie situation:

IMG_20190114_171115

IMG_20190114_171056

Not sure how it's out of his hands. Surely if he wants to stay he stays ;hmm

Also, 'securing his kids' futures'. If he hasn't already done that after thirteen years in the professional game then he's doing something wrong, IMO.
  • I will be gutted when Arnie leaves. He is probably the best centre forward outside the top six. He holds it up, he scores, he’s quick, he’s confident, he’s a fantastic finisher, he has skill. He has been the complete centre forward for the last 12 months.

There is no point putting a fee on him as he is priceless to us. No amount of money will be worth what he is to our side. So all we can do is put an OTT price on him & wait until it is matched. Given Stoke get 20%, I would start the bidding at £60m & nothing less. They would get £12m of that & we get almost £50m. Let’s not get taken for mugs again like we did with Payet.

He is currently as good an all-round striker as there is in the PL.
  • Stoke get 20% of any profit not 20% of the fee I think
  • I've read Stoke get 20% of the value above the £20m we paid for him.
  • Good call lukerz, 35 mil with 20% to stoke leaves 28 mil so it’s not really double the money like his brother says I think looking at it 60 mil is fairer, to get Wilson will cost that so let’s stick at 60 and no offer we keep him here to his contract
  • We won't get Wilson imo.
  • Forget about any of the talk about trophies and titles etc it’s totally about money. The ex Watford player says training and matches in China aren’t hard so I guess there’s no kudos from winning anything there.
    In my opinion it’s mainly about what his brother gets as I’m sure he has his own interests rather than marko’s at the forefront and I think he’s touted him to China when no big club like Man U came in for him in the summer.

• Not sure how it's out of his hands. Surely if he wants to stay he stays ;hmm

I took that to mean, he wants to go, but it's out of his hands if that happens. As in, the club will decide.
  • I wonder if we get someone in on loan as a striker if Pelle would be given the funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Either way if it doesn't happen in Jan. A considerable amount of work needed in summer to move to the next level.

Fullbacks. Strikers. Central midfield.
  • As said before, I trust Pelle and the scouting network to find someone decent when Arnie goes. 50M for a player his age is plenty and more than we've ever got for anyone. I'm not saying I wont be sad to see him go (I admit to being already over it though) but I actually do want him out sooner rather than later

#Bats in! ;wahoo