The Arnie situation - one thread to rule them all...

1151617181921»

Comments

• Imo there is no shadow of doubt he’d have been gone if the bid was accepted and if resurrected in the summer new contract extension or not he be gone for the most wonga, now I’m not knocking him for that because I’d do it but don’t make a song and dance I’m back video, just do what your paid well to do because your contracted to us at the moment
  • Thing is a number of posters were asking why he had said nothing and when he does they are still not satisfied. He can't win.
  • Apparently, 20 years ago today, we signed Paolo Di Canio.
    That turned out to be a rather good signing, although I think my exact words at the time were, we don’t need that sort of player.

Yup,I remember saying to my mate "I think Redknapp's lost his marbles,this'll end in tears".
    I know my football me.
  • I’m just happy that when I go and see Us play Liverpool he’ll be playing. What’s not to like.

Wouldn’t be happy going to watch us if Carroll was starting again.

My Monday night got a lot better.

Selfish but simple.
  • IronHerb said:

Thing is a number of posters were asking why he had said nothing and when he does they are still not satisfied. He can't win.

Believe me I’d of been over the moon if both him and his brother had said nothing, which would probably of lead to the club not releasing their initial message and we wouldn’t of seen that hideous video at the weekend.

He can win, act like a professional, do it in private not public via an employee or Instagram and keep your head in the right place and train properly so you don’t miss two key games both of which were lost

Just my opinion, of course
  • Whilst I personally don't feel like Arnie has done much wrong, I think if you compare him to Callum Hudson-Odoi's situation this month it does show that he could have handled things more professionally.

This is an 18 year old kid. Quietly hands in a transfer request, says nothing. Plays against Sheffield Wednesday and is (by many accounts) the star of the show. They've said they aren't selling him, and he's still said nothing.

Arnie should have quietly said to the club he wants to leave, and then run the game against Bournemouth and/or Wimbledon, regardless of whether or not the club want to sell him or not.
  • edited January 2019
    Exactly alderz ;ok

Ramsey is another example. It really isn’t that hard to want something but continue to remain focused on the present until you get what you’d like in the future.
  • sweepy23 said:

I’m just happy that when I go and see Us play Liverpool he’ll be playing. What’s not to like.

Selfish but simple.

You are going to be so unhappy. ;whistle
  • sweepy23 said:

I’m just happy that when I go and see Us play Liverpool he’ll be playing. What’s not to like.

Selfish but simple.

You`ll have to put up with Carroll................