West Ham United v Arsenal (12/1/19, 12:30 KO)

Comments

• That must be one of the few games this season we didn't get a yellow card.

#controlled
  • Delighted & I actually couldn't care less about Arnie. If he wants to go then let him go for the highest price possible. Obviously pleased for Rice, particularly after his mistake away at their place last season. I still reckon next week is a big test though because we have a habit of losing to the likes of Bournemouth. Onwards & upwards , COYI!!!
  • What a job Pelle has done this season.

Considering where this club was last season, considering he’s got a completely different way of playing, considering all the injuries, he’s performed a miracle so far.

I love how he always talks about the mentality of the players, that we have to think like a big team. He’s been drilling that into the players.

• William Hill are offering 7 to 1 on for my gobby gooner workmate going sick on Monday

;lol
  • Wtached the game with two Ars mates and both said we 100% deserved to win..

I have never seen us dominate a game like that against one of the big boys.

Our defensive setup was awesome while allowing us to attack with great intent.

Pelle is showing us what being a top manager is all about...
  • Our first home win over the Gooners since 2006
  • Undoubtably the most popular goal of the season ;goal
  • Really enjoyed that.Rice is something special and I thought Noble and Cresswell deserved a lot of praise too.
    Arnie?I hope that’s not the last we’ll see of him,but if the rumours are true then we’ll survive,it’s happened countless times before and we’re still here.
  • edited January 2019
    So happy with 3 points and win over a team we hardly ever get a result against, don't think they can moan too much, Arsenal iMO were bang average.
    Pleased for Rice, he deserved that for sure, putting in many man of match performances to get a winning goal against a top team, nice...
    Re Arnie, that wave, sorry! & Pelle's comment, get rid, thanks for what he did etc & get what we can , more than the £35 mill quoted tho....
    Agree about Cresswell, great show & also thought Felipe, Nasri did really well, infact there was not a bad performance from any of our players IMO.
    It'll be RICE and chips tonight for supper!!... ;scarf
  • thorn

If he were to go, I don't think we would absolutely need to get a replacement in Jan.

We are in a position where we can afford to give Silva a chance, and have AC, Little Pea, Perez and even Antonio.

I'd trust Pelle to get us a good player in the summer.
  • I was thinking the same grey ;ok

January is a time where clubs tend to get mugged off, particularly those who clearly have £40-50M in the bank.

We aren’t going to be relegated, so I don’t think we’d need to panic buy.
  • I liked how Cresswell got forward a bit more than usual. He went through a phase where he was scared of crossing the half way line, however in this match Nasri and Anderson were inviting him forwards and playing passes when he did make runs up the pitch.
  • Grey ;ok

Since Anderson started to show himself to consistently be the main man attacking wise, IMO Arnie has struggled. I think his contribution since probably November wouldn’t be particularly missed. Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but I don’t think it’s as world ending as it would have been in the summer, nor as damaging as it was when Payet left.
  • Great win today, Pelle really is some manager! And what hunger throughout the team!

Were I an Arsenal fan however I would be really disappointed as they have quality all over the field but didn't begin to play until going down.

With regard Arnie....

He will be very hard to replace so the fee must be £40m minimum for me. We can also only allow him to leave this window if we have a replacement as Carroll and Perez do not have the goals in them. We still have ambitions for this season regarding a full out attack on the FA Cup and a 8-6 finish, Arnie at this point is a massive asset to those ambitions.

We also need be careful as it's Arnie today and we can say, that's who he is etc but it sends a message to players and teams who will definitely look to pick off what Pelle is building in this squad. Come the summer there may well be offers for Diop and Anderson, give it two years and Rice may be getting offers from all directions, and we may after Payet and now Arnie be the team that sells on demand if you follow the template set. We have the squad to function better without Arnie than we did without Payet, but we also have the squad to stick him in the reserves if he sulks and send a message. That message may in the long term serve more than the profit taken on Arnie.
  • Just back from the game, that was a very classy performance, every West Ham player had a good game, Rice and Anderson were excellent. Good atmosphere and supporters in good voice.
  • Well I think we only have to look to the match thread starter for the reason for victory... ;whistle
  • Get the Bournemouth thread started then bud.

Would love to turn them over.
  • Just got home after picking my daughter up from my arsenal supporting mother in law and my arsenal supporting brother in law was there as well. Being the better person I barely mentioned the result and just told them to enjoy match of the day tonight ;lol
  • Rice was best player on the pitch and a mention to the defence two clean sheets on the bounce ;ok
  • ;ok

I’ll post it up tomorrow sir ;ok

How good was Cresswell today too? Would be great to see him get back to his best!
  • Cresswell had comfortably his best game of the season today. Hopefully he can recapture his England call-up form for the rest of the season.
  • well that was jolly enjoyable ;wahoo
  • Apparently he was working on Italian TV today.

Love the tie, good to see unbiased commentary on TV......

33524053-3810-4BA1-A726-D36EDEC664D2
  • Cresswell had a great game ;clap. Nice to have a left back playing who can defend!
    I like the way Arthur can take on players and his close control but he just can't defend and today I don't think we would have won if Arthur was in the team at left back. Cresswell is getting back to his old self since his return, quite a while ago now, from injury.
    Great game all round today and we made Arsenal look quite ordinary ;wahoo
  • I thought Noble had a great game today, both when he was with Rice and later a bit more advanced. He showed composure with the ball and determination without it.
  • ;hmm How can Noble ran so fast to catch up with Rice after he scored......... ;run
  • Arnie is gone imo. Rumour has it, and I realise it's a rumour, is that he allegedly has big gambling issues so needs a payday. He went straight down the tunnel but was later photographed at Heath Row waiting for a flight back home to celebrate the Serbian new year. Shame but so be it.
    Good win today against the worst Arsenal team for years. So pleased for Rice to score the winner today, a goal that was celebrated with gusto around the stadium. He is a real star who we should enjoy while we can.
    Good performances around the pitch and I agree with others that Cresswell had his best game for a long time. Nasri showed his class and when he is match fit will be special for us. Oggy and Diop regained their form and dominated.
    All in all a good day at the office.

P.S. Great pictures of Rice on twitter 'down the pub' celebrating with Hammers fans.
  • IronHerb said:

was later photographed at Heath Row waiting for a flight back home to celebrate the Serbian new year.

Dec said in his post-match interview that they have 2 days off now.

Although, from Pelle's post match remarks where he referred to hoping the issue would be sorted in 'the next few days', I suspect we might not see him back at the club.
  • Talking of whom it’s rumoured he’s off to China too. Pushing for a move.
  • Dec? Rubbish. Someone's winding you up.