West Ham v Brighton. 2nd Jan 2019 K.O 19.45

Comments

• Glad to see Zab and Obiang back. Carroll has been poor so far this season. Get the feeling he’s running out of opportunities.

Home win coyi
  • I like this team
  • Carroll starts ..............But will he finish ;pray
  • I’d have preferred Xande Silva on the bench than Perez but hey ho.
  • Surprised he opted for Carroll especially as Antonio has been in better form recently but maybe he wants to freshen it up

Also interesting we have 4 players I'd consider attacking on the bench, and no cbs

Wonder if Pellegrini would promote Oxford
  • That looks a lot like 4-4-2.

Snodgrass is going have to play quite narrowly otherwise I can see us getting overrun in midfield again.
  • God I hate the way we play with Carroll in the team

He's so ponderous

We've are looking very shaky, 442 giving them a lot of space
  • We’re looking very tired. All the games are taking their toll on our depleted squad.
    Anderson is looking woeful.
  • Carroll is such a different kind of player to our other forwards, it's inevitable that we have to change our style of play to accommodate him.

Surprised he's starting, to be honest. Meat and drink for the likes of Duffy and Dunk.
  • Ref not having a stormer.
  • Carroll isn't the issue, imo.

Our CBs aren't getting the ball forward, mostly because we have an AWOL MF.

Average as it has been, it is still a lot better than Burnley.
  • I can see a chap in black walking around on the pitch - does he actually have a role as he isn't doing anything?
  • I can see a chap in black walking around on the pitch - does he actually have a role as he isn't doing anything?

His role is to give decisions against West Ham.
  • Snodders fuming.
  • c&b

He's on the pitch to make sure that Brighton are able to smack our lads when they like, and make sure we don't get nailed on pens.
  • Some Scottish twonk on comms getting on my nerves.
  • Pretty sure that would have been a penalty at the other end
  • I'm currently boiling some driftwood for my son's new fish tank. Think I'll watch that instead of the second half.
  • Our passing is incredibly poor.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm currently boiling some driftwood for my son's new fish tank. Think I'll watch that instead of the second half.

Have you got a stream for that?
  • Ham

Didn't realise you could make fish tanks from boiled driftwood.
  • edited January 2019

Hamstew said:

I'm currently boiling some driftwood for my son's new fish tank. Think I'll watch that instead of the second half.

Have you got a stream for that?
    No I've already said it's for the fish tank
  • Very disjointed first half

Not playing to Carrolls strengths so essentially playing with 10 men

We either change the way we are playing to get more from Carroll or we put on Antonio/Diangana and add some pace and press then higher up the pitch
  • Although if you had a stream, you could play poo sticks with your son.
  • well average 1st half, little to cheer about , but better than the Burnley 1st half.
    Looks like he asked Perez to start warming up during H/T?...
    Ref certainly not giving us much of the 50/50 decisions and missed an elbow or 2, and yeh if it had been AC doing the elbowing , I think we all know the outcome.
  • It’s almost like they have worked on no way to beat Brighton. Players all look lost. Seems like there has been no tactical imprint on how to go about winning this game.
  • We need Antonio up front to run at them. He would bring some much needed energy.
  • Ham

Didn't realise you could make fish tanks from boiled driftwood.

I'm hoping it holds the water ok
This discussion has been closed.