Burnley away sun 30 dec 2018 14:15

Comments

• I don’t think Burnley have finished scoring.
  • Even in our 5 out of 7 spell first half performances have in the main been below par. It’s something pelle needs to address.
  • Need an early goal.
  • Diangana and Carroll for Snodgrass and Perez at half time.
  • Burnley could/should have had a further 2 goals in first 5 mins of 2nd half.
  • They’re going to score 4 or 5 in this match.
  • I think we'll get the next goal out of nowhere and they will just camp out on their 18 yard box, terrified.
  • We need to have a shot to get a goal unless it’s a misplaced back pass.
  • They've missed so many chances that if it were the other way around we would all be certain that they'd come back into it.
  • ;angry Do our players know they could have gone 7th
  • edited December 2018
    I agree that it seems illogical to suggest that their players want the win more than ours, however, the evidence of the first half suggests that they appear more willing and able to make it happen.

We can still get back into this

Coyi
  • How is that a yellow for Carroll?
  • It was IMO a great header by AC...
  • edited December 2018

It was IMO a great header by AC...

coyi
  • The obligatory yellow for jumping while ponytailed.
  • If we didn't have performances like these we would finish the league 1st with 114 points

We are gonna have games like these, sometimes it's because of us underperforming or sometimes it's the opposition raising their game

Its disappointing but this Christmas period is gonna lead to inconsistent performances for pretty much all teams except Liverpool
  • This games done.
  • The writing was on the wall as soon as the stats said pelle has never lost a PL game between 26 Dec and 4 Jan. 10 games
  • Xande Silva debut ;clap
  • You’d think after the first 50 unsuccessful long balls today, we’d have given up. But no.

Dyche must be laughing his head off. He’s just had his players close us down at the back and force us to kick it long all game, which invariably ends up with them winning the ball back.

Such an easy win for them.
  • Oh god forgot about Dyche. His interviews are bad enough when they lose.
  • Andy Carroll was hanging back about 35 yards from goal rather than getting into the box when Anderson had that shot.
  • From the 5 minutes I’ve seen of Xande Silva, I like that he’s making interesting runs. The other 3 strikers who’ve played today, haven’t done so.
  • It’s unbelievable how bad we’ve been.
  • edited December 2018
    Would we even be West Ham if we weren't ridiculously inconsistent?
  • Bit surprised Pelle didn't move Anderson off Bardsley, who's had him in his pocket all game.
  • Commentator 1: West Ham throw, it's not done and dusted just yet
    Commentator 2: It feels like it is though

;lol
  • Bit surprised Pelle didn't move Anderson off Bardsley, who's had him in his pocket all game.

Bardsley is the sort of player that Anderson was always going to struggle with. He's a good marker and he has no real intention of going forward to leave space behind him. And if Anderson ever did get the better of him he would have no hesitation in smashing him to the ground.
  • Brighton next up and they have the bogey over us. Let’s hope we don’t start the second 19 games the way we started the first.
    Burnley haven’t been great but compared to us they’ve been PSG.
This discussion has been closed.