Burnley away sun 30 dec 2018 14:15

Comments

• Welcome back Thorn ;ok
  • We should be embarrassed by this. We’ve been lazy. Being beaten because they want it more and keep pummelling the box with crosses and hoofball.

Shocking.
  • They’re making us look like they did in March.
  • This is an awful performance so far. Game isn't over though, Burnley have conceded 41 goals in 19 games this season. If we score next they will be a bag of nerves. We need to step it up though.
  • Too much turkey at Christmas. We are just awful.
  • Diop is nowhere near the finished article, I’m sorry. Pretty poor defending that.
  • I blame Lawro
  • Burnley for crying out loud
  • alderz said:

This is an awful performance so far. Game isn't over though, Burnley have conceded 41 goals in 19 games this season. If we score next they will be a bag of nerves. We need to step it up though.

We’ve seen West Ham lose leads likes this in a second half in a tough season enough to know we can turn this around.
  • Nearly 3. Awful.

Good to have another clueless clown of a referee, too.
  • out of juice.
  • edited December 2018
    Dreadful reffing there, an obvious break on and he blows to give the yellow, rather than playing advantage and then drawing the card as he did with Noble. Btw, Noble could easily have been sent off for that instead of just getting a caution, he can be such a liability.
  • You’re welcome Luke. If you can see positives in this half good luck. We have shown nothing at all for my liking. We need another pelle rollicking at half time.
  • Too much turkey at Christmas. We are just awful.

Get stuffed ;lol
  • They’ve embarrassed us this half. Not with their football, just with their effort.
  • We don't like it up us.
  • Not an excuse by any stretch, because we don't deserve any, but I think results like this weekends show that the Christmas schedule just doesn't allow for much consistency in performance. There has to be rotation, there are shock results and lethargic performances all over the place. It doesn't really benefit anyone to have so many games in a short space of time in the modern game.
  • alderz said:

Not an excuse by any stretch, because we don't deserve any, but I think results like this weekends show that the Christmas schedule just doesn't allow for much consistency in performance. There has to be rotation, there are shock results and lethargic performances all over the place. It doesn't really benefit anyone to have so many games in a short space of time in the modern game.

That’s football over Christmas period,,,
  • Poor performance , not really any positives, Noble so poor, Defence all over the place, Perez shocking, don't think I need to carry on!...
    I'd get Diangana on for Perez to start with tho...
  • That was utterly, utterly, utterly horrendous. Worst half of the season by far. Ugh.
  • You’re welcome Luke. If you can see positives in this half good luck. We have shown nothing at all for my liking. We need another pelle rollicking at half time.

No positives but I don’t see how it’s game over at 2-0. If we get 1 goal (however we get it), then we’re right back in it.

But I agree that Pellegrini needs to get into our players.
  • Lukerz said:

God we are so inconsistent aren’t we.

Possibly only five wins out of the last seven games. If you would allow me some time alone now so that I can come to terms with it.
  • They were murdered 5-1 in their last game but they seem to be more up than us.
  • We have been over-run in midfield. Obiang for Perez.
  • I think even Joe Hart would have kept a clean sheet in that half, but I agree it's not over yet regardless of that 1st half shocker.
  • I do think an extra twenty four hours to recover for Burnley makes a difference
  • I will judge on 90 pelle seems to know what he’s doing and we can’t play any worse so bring it on second half if we get the next one we’ll be fine
  • I don't know whether it is a good thing or not that Burnley are currently 3 down at home based on who are playing them next at Turf Moor?

Sorry but I did post this on Boxing Day afternoon! ;weep
  • edited December 2018
    Let's not end up like so many football fans, like demented Swiss clocks, where it's either brilliant or rubbish.

It has been a poor performance, no doubt.

I don't believe for a second that Burnley players want to win any more than ours do.

As alderz said, we're far from the only team this round to put in a sub-par performance.

Personally, whatever happens today, I'm focussing on the 27 points we already have and the very many good games we've had.

I don't think it says much for us if we only love them when they're any good.

;ac for Perez and #lumpitup

#getitinthemixer #keepthefaith
This discussion has been closed.