Southampton. Away 27 dec 2018 19:45

Comments

• edited December 2018
    We are 10 points better off at this stage than last season even after our horrendous start.....
  • Me to Preston think we’re in safe hands now
  • Anyone think we'd be on 27 points after the first 4 games?

Could easily end up on 60+

coyi

;whistle
  • Well maybe not 27
  • 2 points shy of our total at this stage in the ‘Farewell Boleyn’ season...
  • That was class. Rice is immense. Antonio got better and better. Fab is class.
  • Anyone think Antonio shouldn’t wear the shirt again,I saw that on here and still imo think he’s more of a team player Who gives his all in whatever position he’s asked to play

• I thought he was pretty poor tonight. Did well in parts with his running but some of his passing & decision-making was pretty abject. He wasn’t awful, but would say he was our worst player along with Perez & Diangana.
  • Lukerz

It's all about the onions, but totally disagree
  • I thought defensively he was indecisive but offensively he looked good the ball for the second goal was class to pick his man out to run on to, must be difficult to go from sub to right back to forward and not be unsure but I thought he played well to be honest
  • Fifteen out of 18 in December never done that before in the premier or top league in history or any other month apparently
  • edited December 2018
    Luke IMO that is sooo harsh, a player who doesn't want to play at RB but does when needed, one of the strongest players going forward and a killer pass for Felipe's 2nd...Are u being real?....He isn't the best at defending, fair enough, but was confident in his passing and did little wrong IMO...Re Diangana & Perez, I'd agree they were the weakest links.
  • Cuz1 said:

Only thing I can tell you is it won’t be 2-1o us because I’ve just had a tenner on that result

Get in Cuz.
  • http://www.whu606.com/discussion/comment/913555/#Comment_913555
    Adam said:

With a more favourable fixture list coming up, hopefully we can climb the table (assuming we can carry on with the recent performances).

I think it will be interesting to see where both we and Bournemouth finish up after 19 games. Bournemouth have a very tough run of fixtures coming up.

We were 9 points behind Bournemouth after 11 games. We’re now ahead of them after 19 games. You can only really compare yourself to other teams once you’ve played the same teams.
  • I thought he was average.

He has definitely improved the last few weeks 100%. But he had some very iffy moments tonight IMO.

His involvement in the second goal was excellent, though.
  • Couldn’t disagree more lukerz but it’s all about opinions but average imo is totally unfair and unjust
  • Fair enough Luke, i think in your words his improvement has coincided with his return to full or nearly full fitness after his injury ;ok
  • I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Anderson's technique when striking the ball is sublime. I can't quite see what he does, but there is something different about it. ;bowdown
  • That was s really good comeback following the Watford hiccup. Soton are average but we still put them awsy comfortably with what was a bit of a make and do starting X1. Pelle has got the entire squad playing with a smile and playing to a plan, which is also great to watch. The whole team played well, although Perez never looks up for it, but with special mentions for Ogbonna and the absolutely brilliant Declan Rice. Take a bow son. ;clap
  • P.S. I still struggle to understand the lack of faith that some posters still have even though time and again this season the team and Pelle have delivered not only winning football but good to watch football. COYI
  • Me neither IronHerb could understand it if we were losing regular but were not the football sometimes is quality, and outside the top six there’s not a lot between us now
  • 15 points in December. Only Liverpool have more. And apparently the most we've ever had in a single month in the PL ever (though might have heard that wrong on SSN).

And all that missing (for some or all of those games) Arnie, Lanzini, Yarmo, Wilshere, Reid, Fredericks, Sanchez, and now Hernandez, Zab and Balbuena.

Whatever Pelle is doing to this team, I like it.
  • Did you notice for the second that Diop sprinted the whole way up the pitch to support the attack and was just behind Anderson when he scored...

Not bad pace for a CB...
  • I thought we bossed the game.

Rice is class, as is Anderson.
  • edited December 2018
    Antonio played well as winger but was awful as a fullback and I think the only time he found a West Ham shirt with a forward pass was the second goal.

Anderson was unimpressive for most of the game but scored twice and Obiang was solid in the middle despite not starting for over a month,

Redmond's goal was handball so 2-1 was karmic justice.
  • I thought Rice and Cresswell were immense. And I have to confess that I often forget to give Fabianski the credit he deserves, probably because I am so used to his excellent consistency that I almost take him for granted, which is very unfair. He has earned us quite a few points this season. I am so glad that this is a "good to watch" West Ham. The success is good but the style is great and will just get better and better.
  • Have we not just won our third successive away game?
  • That is so thorn, with two draws prior to that as well. Five on the road unbeaten.
  • Lukerz said:

I thought he was pretty poor tonight. Did well in parts with his running but some of his passing & decision-making was pretty abject. He wasn’t awful, but would say he was our worst player along with Perez & Diangana.

Watched the game back again, I’d say you’re right here, absolutely can’t fault his effort he was everywhere but his distribution was wasteful at times, he’s not a RB and it does show, plus he’s so keen to get forward, but that pass with his left foot was a peach
  • Im glad Antonio is starting to look better ,the last year or so he has been woeful at times I lost count the number of times he would be standing in the centre circle looking disinterested. I m hoping it was his injury problems was the root of this and he can continue the improvement and get back to the Antonio of the last season at UP
This discussion has been closed.