Southampton. Away 27 dec 2018 19:45

Comments

• Yikes.

Nothing there to make me change my original prediction.

Big fat loss.
  • 6 subs and 2 of them are youngsters.

Surely AC will have to be thrown in the deep end soon for a start. Especially if he does want that new contract.
  • Silva to get the winner!
  • Interesting to see if they play as 4-2-4 or 4-3-3.

coyi
  • If we are going to rely on Andy then I see little point in using him as a sub as it’s likely that will be when we are in rescue mode. If he’s to make an impact play him from the start to see if we get to a position where we can be comfortable making subs.
  • Cresswell Captain
  • Zab taken ill today - was presumably would have been with the squad as the bench option for RB.

• I think we have to back the squad here. It is going to be a tough ask this but there is still quality in that side albeit it is a bit patch-up. The midfield 3 is decent, the back four are experienced (minus Diop), Anderson & Diangana are threats with their pace & Perez found some form before his knock against Palace.

The manner we look to play under Pelle, I think no matter what side we pick we will cause any team a few problems. Need to defend well & a point would be a solid result.
  • Surely we could have found another sub from somewhere. Oxford was mentioned before, I think.
  • A point would be good, but there are a few premier clubs that would be happy having a bench like ours.
  • You’d have thought we’d take more than just a match day 18 with us?
  • Surprised to see only six substitutes named. Don't the like of Oxford, Holland and others go to the stadium to support the team on match-days? If so, they could have be enrolled (or at least a name) to replace the late withdrawal of Zabaleta. Who knows how lady luck might have opened a a door for them.
  • Zabaleta pulled out sick last minute, so was expected to start. I image Diangana has come in for him with Antonio dropping back.
  • edited December 2018
    Only thing I can tell you is it won’t be 2-1o us because I’ve just had a tenner on that result
  • 6 subs could have put down my pint and put some boots on to sit on the bench, well sort of slouch anyway
  • I offered, but there was no room for my oxygen cylinder and ACs wheelchair in the dugout.
  • Pengeman said:

Surprised to see only six substitutes named. Don't the like of Oxford, Holland and others go to the stadium to support the team on match-days? If so, they could have be enrolled (or at least a name) to replace the late withdrawal of Zabaleta. Who knows how lady luck might have opened a a door for them.

We're away.
  • I never thought Antonio didn’t put effort in at RB. He just doesn’t have a clue how to play there.
  • Perez should have buried that
  • How did Perez not score that!
  • What a miss, he has to score
  • I like the look of the Southampton defence (from our perspective).
  • We’ve been much the better side, to be fair.
  • I think Anderson has had too much mogadon.
  • I’ve taken refuge in gin.
  • We have had a fair 1st half with the team out there...
    A decent showing imo , now over to u Manuel to go for the win....
  • You've convinced me to have a beer Suze. If I end up drunk and wake up with a hangover, I'm blaming you.
This discussion has been closed.