Watford (H); Saturday 22nd December, 15:00

Comments

• Not a bad unit this Watford side
  • My work is done
  • Next home game an extra 3000 fans to be disappointed.
  • Disappointing

But the score could've been anything today

Watford are a good unit
  • I am a grumpy old Hector this evening.
  • Watford have only won 2 of their last 20 away before today. Deeney hadn’t scored for 11 games. The signs were all there.
  • MIAHammer said:

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach .... hopefully it’s the gas station sushi I had last night and not the Watford game!

I guess it wasn’t the sushi
  • Back down the table we go lol
  • Happy Christmas Everybody ;tree ;santa ;baubles

Peace love and goodwill to all people.

Apart from the people of Watford, whom I hope get a paper cut and then peel a tangerine.
  • All the top teams got beaten today ... Man City, Chelsea, West Ham ;whistle
  • Can I just say that I really, really, I mean REALLY really hate Watford ;angry

Sorry, as it's the season of goodwill to all men (and women of course), I'll rephrase that:
    Can I just say that I really, really, I mean REALLY really am rather ambivalent towards Watford ;doh
  • The goal by Townsend vs Citeh is really something else. ;star
  • Horrible day of football. Hate Palace
  • edited December 2018
    Don’t dwell on it. We played a decent side going forward & they did what the last few teams we played couldn’t, be clinical once they’d opened us up.
  • We’d hoped to be 6th at 5pm but instead Watford are and we are 12th. I was a bit worried when all the players were bigging it up during the week so I just had a feeling that once again they’d let us down.
  • Why would you be worried?

We have won 4 on the spin & 5 out of last 6. We are 4th in the form guide. The players will big themselves up, if by that you mean have belief & confidence in what you are doing & playing the next game. Unless Snodders is meant to say ‘we’ll hope for the best but I reckon Watford will walk all over us’. Maybe he’ll try that approach next time.

We lost a game against a side similar to us, apart from us having half a dozen first team players missing of course.

Have a bit of faith. I think we need to tighten up defensively but I have felt that all season. Other than that, not a lot else to be concerned about.
  • Luke you’ve missed my point entirely. I was pointing out that when the team big themselves up it usually ends badly so I was half expecting what happened today. By all means say things are going well at the moment but we need to stay focussed and concentrate on each game as it comes.
  • Yeah but when you say ‘once again they’d let us down’? What is that based on? They haven’t really let us down since September.
  • I was so getting to like MOTD too ;weep
  • Somebody get on with the next match thread ;wahoo
  • That’s the advantage of this time of year. The games come thick and fast and we’ll quickly forget this loss ;whistle
  • Hamstew said:

Somebody get on with the next match thread ;wahoo

But you’ve done so well. Are you sure you don’t want another go???
  • Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Somebody get on with the next match thread ;wahoo

But you’ve done so well. Are you sure you don’t want another go???
    If you don't mind doing all the chores that I haven't had time to do. There's the hoovering, dinner to be made and I still haven't picked the kids up from school.
  • I've got it.

The London Stadium is actually the starship Heart of Gold and we achieved four wins in a row at an improbability factor of 2 to the power of 2076775949 to 1 against. Losing 2-0 at home to Watford is clearly an indication that we have returned to a probability factor of one to one, we have normality and anything we can't cope with is therefore our own problem.

David Sullivan is Arthur Dent, David Gold is Ford Prefect, Karren Brady is Trillian and Pellegrini is Zaphod Beeeblebrox; I bet the second head and extra arm will really suit him.

I suppose Andy Carroll must be Marvin the Paranoid Android with terrible pain in all the diodes down his left side.
  • Aslef, surprised you didn't work 42 into that to be honest ;biggrin
  • Well that had an “after the Lord Mayors show” feeling about it didn’t it.

Ho hum

Merry Christmas everyone ;champagne
  • And Spurs cannot move into their new stadium as it has been earmarked for demolition to make way for the new interstellar highway.

Which makes no sense whatsoever, but still made me smile ;lol
  • Watford are now on my list.

That was, to say the least, realy disappointing.
  • One of those days. We didn't deserve to lose that one.
  • We have done well to find goals without Arnie lately but I felt he was the difference today as he would have asked a particular question of the Watford defence that the rest didn't quite manage to.

We cannot really complain in dropping three points out of the last few games but it was there to at least take a draw from in my view. I always felt if we had got one back we may well have gone on to get another, but well done to Watford for seeing it out away from home.
This discussion has been closed.