Watford (H); Saturday 22nd December, 15:00

Comments

• Troy Deeney admits Watford players took it in turns to kick Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha during the 2-1 victory at Vicarage Road in September.

If that's true they will 100% do it to Anderson. Obviously we don't want him out for 2 weeks with the fixture congestion. Should we consider resting him? We have the players to win without him imo even though he is easily the most talented player we have.
  • MrsGrey said:

No, ignore my last post. My mistake, I thought the FA hadn't updated their website to include the weekend games, but they have. So it's only 4 ;phew

Do they get annulled in the new year... ;pray

• Troy Deeney admits Watford players took it in turns to kick Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha during the 2-1 victory at Vicarage Road in September.

If that's true they will 100% do it to Anderson. Obviously we don't want him out for 2 weeks with the fixture congestion. Should we consider resting him? We have the players to win without him imo even though he is easily the most talented player we have.
    No he is too influential at the moment.

Its the 27th / 30th / 2nd / 5th (FA Cup) games that any rotation will be enforced.
  • MrsGrey, write a thousand lines:

"I must check my facts before frightening the West Ham faithful"

;biggrin
  • MrsGrey said:

No, ignore my last post. My mistake, I thought the FA hadn't updated their website to include the weekend games, but they have. So it's only 4 ;phew

Do they get annulled in the new year... ;pray
    Pretty sure the cutoff is 19 games, so 27th for us. Unless it's changed.
  • edited December 2018
    Felipe feeling tired. ;wink

The Hammers go into that fixture on a four-game winning streak and, should they make it five, could go into Christmas in the top six if results elsewhere go their way.

Felipe Anderson, for one, would love to go nap.
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/december/18-december/felipe-anderson-chicharito-gave-me-his-trust#LYd4aYcDKXD0Q5Dz.99

;doh

Maybe they've got pardewalegend typing up the copy.
  • Think it's from the card game nap - to win 5.
  • Oh, OK. ;puzzled
  • I would start Diangana in this game, let him run rings around Quina (a poor mans Diangana). 4--2 to the Mighty Irons. I have decided to shorten all the players names to a three letter abbreviation. I would go FAB (1), ZAB, FAB (2), DIO, MAS; DEC, ROB, FEL; PEA, ANT. And although he probably could do with a rest, our Captain and Talisman: NOB. May need to work on one or two of these. ;scarf
  • MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ant and Dec in the same team once again
  • Bournemouth have Wilson and Fraser in attack....
    dads
  • There doomed
  • Liverpool once had can Ibe gerrard in there midfield
  • Carroll likely to be off to Galatasaray in January according to KUMB http://kumb.com/story.php?id=133104 . So it would make sense not to risk him too much if case Deeney and Co kick him.
  • Rather they kick Carroll then Anderson ,Anyway think Carroll can look after himself ;fishslap
  • Merse reckons we’ve got this one 3-1
  • Lawro reckons we will lose this one 2-0
  • Perez will be fit for the bench according to the gaffer's press conference, I imagine he'll replace Costa Silva but otherwise unchanged from last time.
  • Lawro reckons we will lose this one 2-0

Lawro just doesn't rate us, does he? ;hmm
  • steve said:

Rather they kick Carroll then Anderson ,Anyway think Carroll can look after himself ;fishslap

Not sure he can fitness wise. Maybe we need Nolan back babysitting him.
  • Whenever Lawro predicts we will win I get nervous...
  • Techer's pet. ;dog
  • have we ever gone on a 5 game win streak !?
  • I think the start of the 85/6 season maybe
  • Sure I read we went nine games in one season in the 80s
  • 14 January 2006 2-1 Aston Villa (A)
    23 January 2006 2-1 Fulham (H)
    1 February 2006 3-2 Arsenal (A)
    4 February 2006 2-0 Sunderland (H)
    13 February 2006 3-0 Birmingham City (H)

You could also add in 28 January 2006 4-2 Blackburn Rovers (H) in the Cup as they were in the Premier League back then.
  • edited December 2018
    Cuz1 said:

Sure I read we went nine games in one season in the 80s

1985/86, 9 League wins between 19th October and 14th December plus we went unbeaten for 18 league games from 31st August

We did lose to Man U in the League Cup on 29th October.
This discussion has been closed.