Fulham (A); Saturday 15th December, 17:30

Comments

• Is it just me who thought that save from Fabianski was superb?

They made a lot of Kamara fluffing the one v one, but that was a brilliant stop at a key time. The guy opened his body to make out he was playing it to Fab’s left but to then get down so quickly to that ball low to his right.

Big save.
  • alderz said:

Harsh on Noble tbh. That ball to Anderson for the first goal was quality

You're right, I was possibly a bit harsh. I do think he was noticeably out weakest player today but he did have his better moments too. Don't mean to be all doom and gloom; I'm delighted with the result I promise!
  • can you imagine how good we could be if we could actually field our full first team for most of the season.

Quote from Pelle on BBC
    "We have eight players injured. We will see what will happen in January, but I'm very happy with the squad. We have four or five players who might not play again this season.

• Nice to see Antonio & Snodgrass, two players who's futures were uncertain this summer, contribute so much at a time where we've lost quality players to injury

Pellegrini really getting the most out of this squad
  • i hope the Pellegrini quote of 4 or 5 isnt including Lanzini ?

Sanchez and Yarmelenko we know ? im guessing he is talking about Reid and Lanzini :(

Sanchez and Yarmelenko we know ? im guessing he is talking about Reid and Lanzini :(

Would Reid get back into the team, if/when fit?
  • Somewhat unfortunately, I doubt that Nobes will when all are fit
  • Yesterdays match shows how far we have come in my view. It was an away match yet I think most of us probably expected to win, we didn't play that well yet remained organised enough to not allow many real chances to the opposition, and we did all this with a team that is far from our best starting 11.

We look well drilled, fit and together, all signs of good management.

A football club is made up of the board, management, team and fans and this season has been a success due to all at this point, the board showed real ambition in the transfer market, kept our best and added. The management which is also a credit to the board have proved themselves in a short space of time to most definitely know what they are doing, the players are giving everything and together, and the fans are enjoying it and getting behind everyone. long may it continue.

Yeah, bit of a concern that. Can't think who else he could mean. Wilshere, perhaps? Byram, technically, could be included? Clutching at straws really but it does sound like Lanzini may be further away from a return than we originally thought.

That said, with Nasri supposedly ready to sign, we can arguably live without Manu for the rest of the season. Which was a statement I didn't think I'd be making after the Wolves game.
  • alderz said:

Harsh on Noble tbh. That ball to Anderson for the first goal was quality

Noble's pass was brilliant, but I don't think he contributed a great deal else. Plus his lunge that got him his yellow was reckless, unnecessary and wholly predictable, IMO, and could easily have been deemed a red card (I was convinced Dean was going to send him off).
  • Lukerz said:

Is it just me who thought that save from Fabianski was superb?

They made a lot of Kamara fluffing the one v one, but that was a brilliant stop at a key time. The guy opened his body to make out he was playing it to Fab’s left but to then get down so quickly to that ball low to his right.

Big save.

Pretty sure if that was Adrian he'd have charged out and been comfortably beaten.

Fab is a genuine HOTY contender for me. Will probably lose out to Anderson as it stands, but his contribution has been just as important to us, IMO.
  • Early days but this years HOTY is likely to be the most hotly contended for some time.
  • Anderson for me is like Arnie now poor to start with but now a worldie he can turn defence into attack with a in his world simple pass, to me the board deserve a ;clap and pelle a ;bowdown with the way my/ our club now is
  • I'm thinking of asking Zab to be my Dad even though I'm older than him.
  • edited December 2018
    Thought Masuaku & Antonio played really well. A lot of good comments about Balbuena & Diop but we are still conceding a lot of chances, but Antonio had a real good game, similar to his best a couple of years ago, & Masuaku had a busy day as they went at him & dealt with everything.

I also thought the Obiang sub was very clever, whether by choice or luck. As soon as he came on the game started to fizzle out as we got more control on the game.
  • I'm thinking of inviting Zab for Christmas dinner even though my mother in law would be raging and frankly there really isn't space at the big table in the conservatory.
  • I'm thinking of telling my kids that Santa isn't real and that Zab actually buys them all their gifts even though I still believe in Santa.
  • Masuaku did alright but he (yet again) failed to track a player’s run, which resulted in Mitrovic’s good headed chance. Against a better side, that will happen even more.

Long term, he’s not my first choice unless he concentrates for the full 90 minutes.
  • edited December 2018
    They use to name streets after Zab but don’t anymore..

Nobody crosses on Zab...
  • I'm thinking of asking Zab to start the next match thread
  • Nah, he's just texted me saying tell Hammy to get his butt in gear ;lol
  • Honestly Zab is my HOTY so far. I just want him to stay
  • alderz

;nonono

But, but, his legs have gone, and he lacks pace... ;whistle
  • Probably the best thing about the result yesterday was that although we knew we should have won the game, as hammers fans we didn't think it would happen.

But untypically we won ;biggrin
  • For me the revelation of the season and my current HOTY is Snoddie. Great guy, great technical skills and a man who gives everything and I thought it was a mistake when we bought him, who needs an ageing jobbing footballer, another Zabaleta who is...well 2nd place HOTY for me. Sorry Mark! My message to the rest of the team is don't panic you have half a season to recover my vote, it's doable ;scarf
  • edited December 2018
    Marlon Harewood leading Bubbles at Fulham yesterday ;lol Once a Hammer...

• When he played for us, Marlene was my fav player ;clap ;thumbsup
  • I hope Zab reads this board, clear why the Man City fans gave him the send off he got! I still miss that we don't even have Collins in the camp, but Zab is most definitely the new Collins to us. Bald, tick. Not the most technical, tick. Gives everything and looks like he would die for you, big tick.
  • After this weekend, we are 2 points off Man Utd. in 6th place, level on goal difference.

Or

Arsenal lost out on all three points today, making them easier for us to catch in 5th place.
  • Wonder what odds you could get on us finishing above ManU? ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.