Other matches weekend of Dec 8th/15th

Accepting that I do not know anything, but when you are the losing at home with half an hour to go, your star striker is not playing and you have Defoe on the bench, what do you do?

Comments

• Are you implying that St Eddie of Football, every mum's favourite manager, got it wrong?
  • Sort of puts our defeat to Citeh into perspective, although 0-4 was not a fair reflection on our performance.
  • edited December 2018
    Mrs Grey. Goodness gracious, whatever gave you the impression that I would have even contemplated such a thing, clearly my comment was designed to convey my awe and respect for his insight.

I am almost ashamed to admit that had I been facing such a conundrum I may have been tempted, nay fooled, into bringing on one of the most proflific and proven goal scorers of my lifetime.

• Mrs Grey. Goodness gracious, whatever gave you the impression that I would have even contemplated such a thing, clearly my comment was designed to convey my awe and respect for his insight.

I am almost ashamed to admit that had I been facing such a conundrum I may have been tempted, nay fooled, into bringing on one of the most proflific and proven goal scorers of my lifetime.

How long has Stephen Fry been a member of this Forum?

• I am almost ashamed to admit that had I been facing such a conundrum I may have been tempted, nay fooled, into bringing on one of the most proflific and proven goal scorers of my lifetime.

No same in that . You just have to know your limitations - which is that you aren't a clean-cut, twinkle-eyed media darling. ;biggrin
  • Looking at the table, it's hard to see any of the current bottom 7 moving out of there all season.
  • So Grey, are you implying we're safe? ;wink
  • Well after our start hell yes
  • edited December 2018
    Great goal by Chelski just now, very Citeh-esque
  • Nice finish by Kante.
  • Bubbles

I do find it hard to see us losing 10 or more points to any of the bottom 3.
  • Grey, I thought the wink indicated that I wasn't serious.
  • Bubbles

Yeah, I was just saying, really.
  • I swear I just heard Tim Sherwood say Jesus was sitting on the bench, does he not know it'll be another 17 days before that would be likely ;biggrin
  • edited December 2018
    Although it's Chelski, it's still good that Citeh have been beaten, just for the health of the EPL.
    Downside, of course, is that that idiot Klopp /Scousers are sitting at the top of it. ;angry
  • Sadly tho that means Klopp's scouse lot will be top of the league...
  • Its good, gives us a chance to catch city...
  • Citeh's first away defeat in almost a year.
  • While I like a good title race....I can't stand Liverpool winning the league

Their fans are unbearable at the best of times

Still think City will do it
  • edited December 2018
    Almost a classical example of delusion, a post to BBC after Leicester Spuds game:
    Brilliant win for Spurs - we haven’t really hit top gear yet. Bring on Barcelona!

;lol
  • Dilutions of grandeur I’d say
  • So Colin heaps praise on the ref, Moss, for playing advantage for their goal but strangely fails to mention the two penalties against Cardiff that he missed. What a Warnock!
  • Sterling making a telling point about how elements in the media choose to portray black and white footballers here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46498849

comp
  • He's absolutely right. But it's the Daily Mail. We all know it both promotes and nurtures racist attitudes.

It's not fit to be used as toilet paper.
  • I think it’s great that he has made his point so eloquently. Shows he has more class than that rag
  • Newcastle fail to hold out against Wolves and to keep us in the top ten. ;angry
    Rafa, what are you doing? ;wink
  • MNF

Excellent GNev Carra chat about Sterling specifically and racism in football generally.
  • Suze

What I particularly liked was GNev's willingness to challenge and question his own behaviour.
  • Absolutely Grey, just saying to him_indoors how brutally honest GNev is, especially about his own behaviour.
  • 2011. Suarez (Liverpool) racially denigrates Evra (Man U).

tbh, the only thing that has surprised me about the events of the last few days is that people are expressing surprise.