Crystal Palace (H); Saturday 8th December, 15:00

Comments

• Jorderz, go and wash your mouth out NOW, you bad boy. ;biggrin
  • Since the first 4 games, our subsequent points per game averages at 1.75 per game.

Our last 5 games have averaged 2 pts per game.

If we could maintain this, we would be heading for north of 60 pts, which would be nice...
  • Nice. That would be ridiculous!
  • Last season 54 points Burnley were seventh and think arsenal 62 were sixth be happy with anywhere near the 50-60 mark
  • edited December 2018
    So where do you think the ball ended up??? I’m guessing by the corner flag...

AE9752C3-8BB3-445A-ABC1-2D958B8BEFE5
  • Anderson's price tag now seems well justified, a player that can easily change a game..
    After the 1st half poor showing it was a great 2nd half for us & fab 3 points, the dizzy heights of 10th place at moment is well pleasing.. ;scarf

He's looking cheap.
  • IH, I think he looks class. ;wink
  • I see what you did there. ;lol
  • edited December 2018
    Superb performance, not least that we have such an injury list at present whilst picking up these points. Anderson looking top notch goes without saying, Diop is pure class and like all top defenders makes it look easy because of their reading of the game, Zab the complete pro and performing as well as Diop at the back. I would also give a shout to Snodgrass who is a player giving absolutely everything at present, and showed his confidence is high by fancying that shot in the first place. He may be a reason Aston Villa haven't looked the same this season.

I am also thinking our fitness levels are really good which is something that often goes unnoticed but we are still running in the final 15 minutes and many players constantly getting forward from the back, and the forwards back to help. Zab again looks to have lungs twice the size of normal people the amount of forward runs he does.

• So Lucas got injured... ;hmm
  • Got a new West ham glass the other day might just have to have a ;beer or 2 out of it tonight ;scarf
  • Another pleasant Saturday for a change. Winning is becoming a nice habit, long may it continue, beating the teams we would hope to but in recent years have failed to do so. ;ok
  • steve

Hopefully at least half-full...
  • edited December 2018
    ;biggrin the cup that runeth over ;beer
  • Last time we won a derby game was this week last year against Chelsea.
  • The side is really getting into it’s stride now as we thought would eventually be the case after the side settled down. Whilst we still look a bit flimsy at the back, when we get going at the other side be we really are difficult to stop. Great watching us play football & looking forward to every game no matter who we play.
  • Not as some thought tho after the first four matches tho some of us still had faith me in particular as wolves or arsenal could easily have gone the other way, 21 points and should be more to be honest I’d say in pelle I trust and well done to the board for sticking by him after the poor start, at the moment I’m proud again to be an hammer and long may it continue
  • I really do think we can go unbeaten until the Arsenal game and i do think there is no reason why we cannot pick up 3 points in every game.
  • I really do think we can go unbeaten until the Arsenal game and i do think there is no reason why we cannot pick up 3 points in every game.

Just imagine being realistically safe before we enter the FA Cup!

I reckon if Pelle can grt through a month like December without dropping a single point despite our injury worries then AC's picture on the stadium walls will be history. The owners will be erecting a statue of him.
  • ;nonono ;weep
  • Tbf he's been crucified often enough for not scoring so it isn't surprising the wound has opened up after playing this much. ;wink
  • Encouraging to see fewer empty seats at the final whistle and many staying to applaud the team off the pitch.
  • When Berbatov, on Goals on Sunday, reacts to Andersons goal with "shish" you know it was a special goal.
  • Man, he was a good player
  • Don't think I've ever seen anyone better at taking a ball down than Berba.
  • edited December 2018

Don't think I've ever seen anyone better at taking a ball down than Berba.

We were saying that earlier. There was a game at Upton Park where all we could do was applaud, he was so gifted.
  • edited December 2018
    Having seen the highlights again and again I think that |FlappyHandski had an off day an got away with it.

As it didn't matter in the end .................. ;thumbsup

It also seems that Rocky and Issa sometimes go into ;doh mode .... unfortuanately at the same time. If we had made the same mistakes against City ..... they'd have probably put 4 past us

But hey, who cares, WE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.