FA Cup 2018/19 3rd round (and 4th round draw)

12346»

Comments

• Sorry Bubbles, never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable, and that is a genuine apology.

Looking forward to my jerk rice this evening..............
  • This is what makes this a great forum.

Congratulations to all for mature reactions.
  • And just to clarify, my point wasn`t made to anyone on here, I know that we are all decent people trying to do and say the right things, BUT:

"a lot of those fancy Dan players from exotic countries probably grew up kicking a "football" on stony pitches with bare feet"

is a pretty sweeping statement. I KNOW HE MEANT NO OFFENCE BY IT, I KNOW THERE WAS NO OFFENCE INTENDED OR IMPLIED. But there are people (in my opinion) who read statements like that and would interpret it in a less favourable way. That is all I meant, I was having a dig at "the outraged" not Bubbles who made the statement. And again, I am truly sorry Bubbles if I offended you or made you uncomfortable as that was definitely not my intention. ;ok ;beer
  • Madcap

I din't think you were having a go at anyone on here.

I just don't agree with your suggestion that there are those who would be offended by the comment, so I don't think there is any real target for your comment.

• Madcap, just to put an end to it, I was not in the least offended, only puzzled. ;ok
  • Good. I also hope I explained my reasoning succinctly. I think my brain works in a slightly different way to most peoples. That`s what my wife says anyway, in her politer moments. ;beer
  • edited January 2019
    Going back to the original point, my “second” team is Hornchurch and as a non league supporter I would be gutted if the venue was transferred as I would just love to see a decent league team turn out at Hornchurch Stadium, they could be assured a proper reception, one they would never forget.

However, I am sure that as a non league player, I would probably want it changed just for the experience to run out at one of the big grounds.

All in all, I am pleased the rules were changed, fate rests in the luck of the draw, where it belongs.
  • Grew up in Hornchurch and used to watch them as well, PE teacher played for them
  • Hornchurch born and bred. Held a ST for one season. Happy days.
  • Used to literally live in the same street as the stadium, was great when all you had to do was wander down the road to watch a game ;ok
  • I nearly bought a house in Hornchurch, got gazumped, and then my life went in a totally different direction ;biggrin