Cardiff City (H); Tuesday 4th December, 19:45

Comments

• I just hope that we give Colin the reception he truly deserves. ;wink
  • Zab is proving central to our defensive solidity at present and not sure we can rest him. In my view soon as he has finished get him rehydrated and for the remainder of the week rest and massage for recuperation, doesn't need see a ball, just send him back out on Saturday.
  • I just hope that we give Colin the reception he truly deserves. ;wink

and a sound thrashing ;pray
  • Zab is too important to rest following the injuries to Cress and Rocky

If he gets fatigued sub him off, but this is a game we need to be winning and Zab helps that as hes been an ever present in this side

That and I dont trust Antonio at RB
  • Ex says ‘number of changes’ to the side tonight. ;hmm
  • Masuaku, Obiang & Masuaku will be there

Possibly Diangana
  • One Masuaku is bad enough...
  • I know games come thick and fast but don’t like to see changes for the sake of change, injuries, suspension yes but not just to rest others, players like zab will know what there capable of so unless he’s asked to be rested then leave things be
  • edited December 2018
    Fabianski
    Antonio - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Wilshere - Anderson
    Hernandez

I reckon is the line-up.
  • Pretty sure Arnie was taken off with 20 mins to go against Newcastle to rest him for this.
  • Hoof ball from Cardiff so as long as Diop is in we should be alright ;pray
  • I do not like Colin.

We must bash them. Bash them good.
  • Cuz1 said:

I know games come thick and fast but don’t like to see changes for the sake of change, injuries, suspension yes but not just to rest others, players like zab will know what there capable of so unless he’s asked to be rested then leave things be

Thing is, nowadays the medical team can tell if a player is 'at risk' of injury and might decide to rest him as a preventative measure.

See: Aguero, Sergio
  • I predicted earlier today that we would win 2-0. I am sorry to say that Lauro
    has predicted the same score as myself, and as he always gets in wrong I am
    now very concerned of the outcome tonight.
  • I agree MrsGrey but surely not through tiredness
  • The music inside the stadium is really terrible...
  • edited December 2018
    Cuz1 said:

I agree MrsGrey but surely not through tiredness

Depends how you are using 'tiredness'

Muscles are at risk of injury of they are 'fatigued' (a medical term, not the same as 'ooh, Vic, I feel a bit tired' ;wink )

Muscle Fatigue = decline in strength. ability to function etc, through previous over-exertion.

If you don't rest + recover fully, and subject the muscle to 'exercise' again quickly, it won't perform at its best (you'll be slow, misplace passes, that type of thing) AND you'll be at greater risk of injury (to the muscle itself, eg tear your hamstring, say, or cause an injury to ligaments and so on as the surrounding muscles don't stabilise the joint as effectively.)

Unless Zaba is a qualified doctor or sports scientist, I'd not give too much weight to his opinion when he says he feels fine to play .... it's not an informed opinion.
  • Wilshire missing again ;hmm
  • Antonio, Ogbonna & Masuaku in for Zabaleta, Balbuena & Cresswell.

Zab & Balbuena fit for the bench. Cresswell not. No Wilshere in the squad.
  • musuaku playing ;weep
  • Bit worried about so many changes in the back four.
  • So zabs on the bench so really the point I was making if he needs resting take him out the equation not just because the boss wants to rest him I don’t agree with that one bit
  • I'd love to think that's a back 3 (Rice, Ogbonna, Diop) but I just know it isn't. ;weep

• Should be a back 2 against Cardiff ;biggrin
  • So.

Catches herself on.

Play like a big team.

They don't scare me none.

;wahoo coyi ;scarf ;nolan

2-0 Irons.
  • Worried about complacency. Don’t like making 3 changes to the back four and leaving two on the bench almost as it to say ‘we hope we don’t need you’. Ogbonna never convinces in a back four.
  • Antonio and Masuaku at full back.

Neither of them full backs.

What could possibly go wrong...
  • Screams 3 at the back
  • Lukerz said:

Worried about complacency.

I don't think it's complacency.

I think it's 'they can't play 90minutes so we can't start with them'.

And 'hope we don' need them'.
This discussion has been closed.