Other matches, 1st and 2nd December plus midweek games

2»

Comments

• Klopp is rapidly becoming a worthy, well-qualified successor to Colin when he retires.
  • edited December 2018
    Klopp reminded me of the Americans at the Ryder Cup a few years ago, running across the green because one of them holed a long putt but the Europeans still had a putt to extend the match.

Disgraceful behaviour imo.
  • 7 arrests in the North London derby.

Including a Spurs supporter arrested after he threw a banana skin at Aubemayang.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/02/arsenal-tottenham-banana-skin-thrower-pierre-emerick-aubameyang
  • As someone just said on another site lets take all the emotion out of the game and just sit on our hands and politely say well done at the end of the game. ;wink
  • edited December 2018

As someone just said

A 'someone' who lacks the ability to think logically, or else wants to justify any behaviour as long as it springs from 'emotion'. Are they permanently stuck at being 5 years old?

A ridiculous comment, imo.

In no way is it an either/or choice. That comment implies that saying no to racism=banning all emotion. Which is obviously not true.

You can have lots of emotion, without racist abuse, violence, and dangerous behaviour.

In my opinion, the argument that by prohibiting and sanctioning certain unacceptable behaviours you are taking all emotion out of the game is both ridiculous and insidious. And usually used to justify what most right thinking people would deplore.

Classic example of a straw man.

I'm not taken in by it for a second.
  • Would you use 'emotion' to justify other sorts of behaviour?

'Yeah, I know I shouldn't have punched her in the face, but we was having a row'

Would you defend that by saying ' or we could just take all emotion out of a marriage'?
  • Maybe I am missing the point but we are not talking about behaviour that was racially abusive, violent or offensive against the person.

A case can be made that what he did was unnecessary and disrespectful but I consider it a false equivalency to compare his actions to someone displaying behaviour that most right thinking people would consider criminal.

Just my tuppence worth
  • I thought Fortune was talking about Klopp?

;puzzled
  • Me too Slav, and if so, yeh its good to show emotions and enjoy yourself, however Klopp just over did it by running onto the pitch and going wild, that would have freaked all West ham fans out if it was against us, so u can imagine how the Toffee fans felt about it, I personally hope he gets banned from touchline for a few matches.
  • He (Aubameyang) is the first player to score with 10 consecutive shots on target since Blackburn Rovers' Benni McCarthy in October 2007
    ;nonono

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46420874
  • edited December 2018
    chicago - since fortune posted after me (where I referenced the arrests for public order offences, projectiles incl. banana skin thrown at Aubemayan, lighting smoke canisters) and didn't say he was commenting on something that had been said prior, it looked to me like he was describing that as the 'emotional side of the game.'

If, although he didn't say so, he was referencing Klopp, then obviously it wasn't as bad.

My point remains: you don't 'take all emotion out of the game' by expecting professional adults, at their place of work, to behave appropriately. To suggest otherwise is a false dichotomy.
  • Never trust what you read on the BBC ;wink
  • He (Aubameyang) is the first player to score with 10 consecutive shots on target since Blackburn Rovers' Benni McCarthy in October 2007
    ;nonono

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46420874

What!!!!!! Benny once scored ten goals or more, never ;whistle
  • Cuz

Given it was Benny, I suppose the 10 shots on target could have been over a couple of seasons...
  • True grey, that puts it more into perspective
  • I see that Klippy Kloppy has been charged by the FA
  • ;wahoo best news of the day ;hmm or was it Hughes .oh well both great news ;clap
  • steve,

One part of that is great news, i'll let you guess which half it is. ;wink
  • How disgusting is Fellaini. I would love for him to get a retrospective red for hair pulling.
  • He was only going for what he thought was rightfully his
  • Do not see how Fellaini can avoid retrospective punishment for that, he really is a nasty piece of work
  • After last nights matches, the league now seems to have split into three
    clear sections.
    We have the pot hunters at the top, with Man City on 41pts, down to Arsenal
    on 31pts.
    Then we have an eight point gap to the middlemen with Everton on 23 pts
    down to West Ham on 18points.
    Then the bottom gap, dreading the drop with Newcastle with 13pts down
    to bottom placed Fulham on 9 pts.
    Obviously I would like us to climb up a few places, but can't see us getting
    into to the pot hunters club.