Newcastle United (A); Saturday 1st December, 15:00

Comments

• I'd like to think that all the Newcastle fans are predicting an Andy Carroll goal to win the match. And I'd like to think that just for once #Sod'sLaw will work in our favour.
  • edited November 2018
    News from Pelle today.

Arnie is fit.

They are looking at options going forward for RB, because 'Pablo cannot play seven games in December.'

Not sure what that means - apparently they are trying out different options in training....
  • I've just looked at the fixtures again - they are basically weekend games (5) and 2 midweek games. Assuming Zaba isn't too old* to manage the weekend games, we only need someone for the 2 midweek games (and maybe the 2 Jan one).

*and doesn't get injured
  • edited November 2018
    Lawro has predicted 2-0 loss, the bookies like a 1-1 draw with 1-0 either way or a 0-0 draw not far behind.

I'd take a point away at St. James' Park.

Newcastle's three wins came after Jonjo Shelvey was substituted 51 minutes into the Watford game (they scored in the 65th minute). Good news, he's fit again.
  • Merse has it 2-1 to them
  • Logically that makes sense

They've run into some good form whereas we've been inconsistent

You'd hope we get something though, we need to buck it up a bit or will will start to look over our shoulder
  • Benitez has won 6 of 7 home games against West Ham. We have won once in 14 visits to Newcastle. Quite a few trends to buck here.
  • ;hmm So Newcastle have hit form .Cardiff are winning .sure c.p and Fulham will win this weekend .why do these things always happen to us ;weep
  • Well if we started doing the biz it wouldn’t matter.

No more excuses. Time to get some points.
  • Lol its so typical
  • Previous performances are not a basis on which to predict a result - just read that (or words to that effect) on any investment advert. Keep the faith, big Andy to score a match-winner in 85th minute (not sure who for mind ;biggrin)
  • Had a weird dream last night. It was 0-0 up until the 88th minute when they got a penalty. Fab saved it but somehow Arthur managed to smash in the rebound. Our heads dropped and we conceded a second in stoppage time so 2-0.
  • edited December 2018
    steve said:

why do these things always happen to us ;weep

;lol What things? Other clubs in the same league winning some of their games?

You being depressed about something that hasn't happened yet?
  • Might go and watch the ladies team tomorrow. Playing Brighton at Crawley's stadium.
  • edited December 2018
    Although I think they've been reclassified as 'women' ;biggrin

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/july/20-july/new-era-west-ham-uniteds-women
  • edited December 2018
    Anyone know how much it is to see the girlies team
  • edited December 2018
    Shelvey on the bench, 4-4-1-1 with Rondon up front and Perez in the hole.

Manquillo starts, he's played three times this season and they've lost all three.

Fab, Zab, Diop, Rocky, Cresswell, Noble, Rice, Snodgrass, Anderson, Arnie and Hernandez

Adrian, Carroll, Obiang, Wilshere, Oggy, Perez and Arthur on the bench
  • We really need a win, otherwise I’m starting to worry big time about this season.
  • Jorderz

Personally, I'd see a draw today as a decent result, but worry if we didn't get the win over Cardiff.
  • Antonio not even on the bench ;hmm
  • I think our squad is decent enough to keep a couple of players fresh for the game on Tuesday.
  • ;hmm Wheres Diangana
  • Error. They've not won when Manquillo has played, drew with Cardiff, lost to Man U and Leicester.
  • Antonio not even on the bench ;hmm

Perhaps he came down with a bout of stroppyitus, due to being told he will have to play right back again.
  • serious lack of pace in that squad.
  • edited December 2018

Antonio not even on the bench ;hmm

According to Ex, Antonio and Diangana are being rested today, and will both play v Cardiff on Tuesday night. Zabaleta may be rested on Tuesday, so Antonio will probably play as the RB. ;hmm
  • 47B3492A-E6F4-477E-83E6-F880014D69BE

Blimey that’s a walk.

COYI
  • Jesus that's high
  • I think he’s behind me. ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.