Man City (H); Saturday 24th November, 15:00

Comments

• City's biggest win of the season on the cards here. What's worse is players like Arnie will realise how far behind the top teams we really are.

You don’t think they already know?
  • edited November 2018
    But why did Manuel start Arthur?... Difficult game to judge, as we have had chances and I like the way we have tried, however is that a bit naive to play the players we have, some would say yes....
    Had us down for a 1-3 loss, so all is not lost!...

• Talk about clinical. They've had 3 shots on target and 3 goals.
  • Apart from Masuaku, we’ve honestly played quite well.

They’re just on another planet.
  • Arnie lucky not to be in the book, couple of dangerous lunges that have caught the standing foot.

Against Citeh you simply HAVE to take the chances you create and we have failed to do so, you also have to pay attention at ALL times and unfortunately Arthur has certainly failed to do that, he is having a mare defensively
  • Antonio caught in the face by Walker, but it looks like he's over-egging it.
  • There’s no way, on the balance of play, that the score should be 0-3. We’ve done everything we could do and given them a real game.

They’re completely ruthless, though. Basically 3 chances and 3 goals.
  • Sad scoreline, but as already said a class apart, Arthur let us down, and with a bit more clinical finishing on our part could have had at least 1 goal..
    Expected nothing b4 game, and looks like that, but not gutted with overall performance in 1st half.
  • For at least 3mins prior to their third I was yelling at Arthur to get closer to his marker and sure enough Silva got free with a burst of speed and a well place pass that left Arthur in no mans land, exactly the same scenario was shaping up just prior to the half time whistle but Citeh decided not to force the issue.

The score line is flattering to Citeh but you have to admire just how ruthless and disciplined they are
  • While it's not possible to enjoy getting tonked, there's been very little wrong with our approach or attitude.

They might be 3 up anyway, but Arthur at fault for 2 of them, where if he could defend it might only be 1.

Proud of Pelle for refusing to give up the game, even though he must have known the likely outcome.

Set up like we have against City and you might get something once in 20 games.

Set up to hope to keep it down, and you'll never get anything.
  • Of all the things to admire about City, their mentality is something else. The play every game with desire and concentration of a Champions League final.

They’ve treated us with no less respect than they treated Man Utd in the derby.
  • How was that not the fourth - keystone cops come to mind
  • Maybe they can drop the respect and show compassion.
  • Aaron on for Arthur
  • edited November 2018
    You know it is not easy coz if it was, everyone would be able to do it at the same standard but watching just how precise Citeh are in possession, they make it look so easy.

I wonder what their pass completion rate is.
  • Antonio ;doh

Awful awful awful
  • Antonio hits the post. We’ve been very unfortunate.
  • Antonio hits the post, shoulda done better.
  • My personal challenge for the 2nd half is not to respond to any of Galey's inanities.

Not going so well so far...
  • And thats the difference about 20 million pound per player makes, credit to the fans there , they not giving up....
  • edited November 2018
    We do deserve to get one - stating the obvious but I would love to see us get one back
  • Anderson's corners have been quality today

Where has this been?
  • Anderson's corners have been quality today

Where has this been?

Hiding behind a lack of confidence.
  • Sounds like we've had about 6 decent chances
  • On another day we could have had a few, for sure, Antonio hitting the post the most obvious IMO...
  • I think our players are spent. Nothing left in the tank.
  • My streams weren't lasting at all, so I've been watching BT Sports Score, and they have been absolutely hammering us all afternoon, saying it's embarrassing. Compared to what I'm reading here, it sounds an awful lot like bias from them
  • edited November 2018
    Arnie coming off leaving us with 10, that's the worst news of the game....
    Alderz, really?...IMHO its probably the best 0-3 performance Ive seen from us, if that makes sense.
    Damn, make that 0-4....
  • So Arnie finally succumbs to the inevitable injury
  • edited November 2018
    Arnie out, when all our winnable games are to come. terrific...
This discussion has been closed.