Man City (H); Saturday 24th November, 15:00

Comments

• Er, yes, as I remember, ROURKE'S drift was the fusiliers!

Any reference to the film 'Zulu' reminds me of Del Boy telling Rodney to never give up "just like when the English were surrounded by thousands of Zulus at Rorke's Drift."
    Rodney: "Hang on, it was the Welsh at Rorke's Drift!"
    Del Boy: "No, I saw the film, it was definitely Zulus!"
  • We is gonna get battered.
  • I live in Manchester now and I am out tomorrow with the lads at work as it is one of their birthdays. They are all Citeh fans, so I am going to try to get them so drunk by 5 o'clock that they will have forgotten about football all together. Unless of course we win, then I will be reminding them all about football for the rest of the night... ;lol
  • Preston, sorry mate it might sound like a cunning plan, from the planet cunning, but I am afraid that you are fighting a lost cause.

Like a mars bar. ;tumbleweed
  • Preston. Your plan may just work....If your place or work is MCFC and the lads are Sergio, Raheem, Kevin and Jesus.

Yes, but in style, which will make a nice change...
  • I’m going for 2-1 West Ham. Have faith people.

• I've thought for some time that we need an extra button as "Excellent" and "Made me laugh" don't quite cover what I'm sure a lot of us feel when we read some of the comments on threads like this.

So, I'm proposing a "Get the nurse" button for times when a poster is obviously in need of immediate medical attention ;wink

If a post receives enough "Nurses" then maybe an automated message could be sent to the emergency services requesting their assistance for the poor Hammer in question ;biggrin
  • Can't see anything other than a thrashing here. To me it's the equivalent of us playing someone like Barca, Real or Juventus. Just ain't gonna happen imo.
  • I can't believe anyone on here would be so bold as to predict a West Ham win. ;wink
  • Although to be fair I thought we'd lose to Macclesfield.
  • I do think we may nick something here.of course will have to give 120%.and city will have to be off about 40 % but there players have been flying all over the world in there private jets so they might be tired ;pray
  • Clearly, it's hard to see us getting something from this, but for me, the difference is that it isn't ridiculous to imagine how we might.

The way City are playing at the moment, if they win, I don't even think you can use the score as an indicator of how a team played against them.

If we go at them, and play to our best, we could lose by 4 and I wouldn't see it as 'thrashed'.

The only teams that I've seen which have really troubled City have been those that have almost disregarded the fact they are playing an unbelievably good team, and simply attacked them whenever the chance arose.

A day where Arnie takes all his chances, and we've got a sniff.
  • This is the first match of city's slide toward relegation. ;biggrin
  • Up at the Etihad last season we held City to a 1-1 draw until the 83rd minute, it took them 24 shots to score two goals and we only need seven shots to score one. Very inefficient...
  • Carroll on bench Antonio starts
  • ;sofa ............time to get my place before the rush
  • edited November 2018

Attack, Attack, Attack.
  • Anderson as #10?

Seems quite offensive given the opposition

City look so good on paper whoever they put out
  • 3 strikers on the bench. ;lol
  • Looks like a 4-2-3-1, guessing the 3 will have to play deep so more of a 4-5-1.

Surprised Noble hasn't come back in tbh.
  • edited November 2018
    And Arthur replacing Aaron...
  • steve said:

;sofa ............time to get my place before the rush

Budge up!
  • According to the club blog, it's 4-4-2, with Arnie + Antonio up top.
  • You could argue they’re going to overrun us in midfield regardless of whether we have 2,3 or 10 central midfielders.
  • Are we behind yet?
  • We’ve played for a 0-0 in all our games against City at LS. We’ve conceded 13 goals.

I’m happy we’re going all out. We may as well, because we aren’t that good at defending against average teams, so setting up to defend against City would be pointless.

I still think we’ll lose by 4 or 5, but might as well get at them.
  • Be a big tough test for rocky and diop fab needs a decent game to keep the score respectable, imo this game means more to me about the performance than result but expect effort and to try match them rather than go for 0-0
  • Good start in the rugby at least ;biggrin
This discussion has been closed.