Brexit

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Carpenters required the cabinets broke, apply 10 Downing Street
  • Its yesterday once more.
  • edited December 2018
    I loved the way Reece Mogg came out after the vote and basically said that you can't count those who voted for the PM, as they are in her pay, so she in fact lost the vote. ;doh
  • That last post of mine is the only time you will see the words love and Reece Mogg in a sentence written by me. ;biggrin
  • Boris will never be Tory leader because he could never get enough Tory MPs to back him. They don't trust him and when he's been in a position of responsibility (Mayor, Foreign Sec.) he's been pretty unimpressive. He's an entertaining clown but not a lot more.

Regardless of who was Prime Minister we'd still have to wait two years after activating Article 50 before actually leaving the EU and I doubt Boris would have got a better deal than May.

In fact if Boris had been PM we'd probably have Brexit with a Garden Bridge somewhere.
  • One thing Johnson is very good at is making sure that he is portrayed as far more effective than he ever actually is.

I suspect that there are many who voted leave who would say that Boris would have done better than May re: the deal, even though

Johnson was a member of the government when the deal was being negotiated

so why didn't he present his self-evidently better plan in cabinet?

And if he did, and the cabinet rejected his self-evidently better plan, then why has he not published it, so that we can all see how great his is, and how stupid everyone else's is?

His entire post Brexit strategy appears to be base on the adjective 'Great'.
  • On Boris did you see he has had a prime ministers haircut.

The gloves are off...
  • But at least he got a great deal on those water cannon...

oh.
  • If Boris was PM they'd bend over backwards to let us go faster ;lol
  • So, those Tories who want to leave, voted for May back in 2016, thinking she would get them a good deal, 2 years on, things have changed and now they have no confidence in her delivery what they think she promised and therefore they wanted another vote on a different option...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's their democratic right to be able to at least attempt to get a decision changed by having a having another vote and yet they will scream until blue in the face that another vote on leave or stay isn't an option because once you vote you have to stick with that option because it's the right thing to do...

Got it.
  • Mooj, sorry, but what is it exactly that you don't understand? ;biggrin
  • Majoor - actually only two of the MPs who have admitted sending letters to the 1922 Committee supported May in 2016, the rest supported Andrea Leadsom or Michael Gove.

Jacob Rees Mogg supported Boris until he withdrew, switched to Gove then switched to Leadsom after Gove lost the second round so for him it was "anyone but Theresa".
  • Prime Minister May is behaving more like Chairman Ma(y)o by the day.
    See what I did there ;wink
  • I prefer salad cream myself.
  • On cheese on a digestive, salad cream is a must
  • ;nonono

I think I might have to mod you for trolling....
  • Salad cream is a proper condiment, like English mustard. Mayo is a nasty European abomination, like French mustard, which is basically a wishy, washy, yellow mayo. Which brings me nicely round to May, a wishy, washy, yellow politician. Daddies Sauce, Colmans English Mustard and Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce. That`s what this country was built on. Good, strong, character building condiments. ;beer
  • Jingo bells, jingo bells, jingo all the way. ;biggrin
  • On cheese on a digestive, salad cream is a must

Have to agree on this. Has to be the original digestives, beware of the sweetmeal ones!
  • Moojor said:

On cheese on a digestive, salad cream is a must

Have to agree on this. Has to be the original digestives, beware of the sweetmeal ones!
    Similar: English Cheddar Cheese, Heinz Salad Cream, and McVities Dark Chocolate digestive. A marriage made in Heaven. Washed down with a good old English Sherry.
  • English mustard on proper Cheddar, although a good Dijon works well.
    Runs for cover from Madcap's ire.
    ;biggrin
  • English Cheddar Cheese, Heinz Salad Cream, and McVities Dark Chocolate digestive. A marriage made in Heaven. Washed down with a good old English Sherry.
    ;nonono
  • Heinz is an American company.
  • Digestives are not for cheese...
  • MrsGrey said:

Heinz is an American company.

Is it? Any generic salad cream will do then.

Anyone else do salad cream and crisp sandwiches. Used to be very popular when I was a nipper.

Digestives are not for cheese...

I like sweet things with a nice strong cheddar. Saw a programme about Yorkshire once and the locals were eating Yorkshire Brack (a fruit cake made with tea) with cheese. An odd combination, but it works really well. One of my favourite snacks. It helps that (not wishing to blow my own trumpet) my Yorkshire Brack is legendary in these parts..........................
  • Yorkshire Brack (a fruit cake made with tea) with cheese
    Good Grief

• And I thought that living over here was the center of the cheese with everything culture, that being said, Branston Pickle is the one condiment that I simply cannot live without.
    ;ok
  • Going slightly off topic but talking about marriages made in heaven.

I was staying in a hotel recently in Miami and literally the mini bar consisted of just three items, a bottle of water, a half bottle of Johnie Walker Black and a bar of Toblerone.

Genius
  • chicago

That puts me in mind of one of my favourite lines from Scent of a Woman

Frank Slade: I want it wall to wall with John Daniels.

Charlie Simms: Don't you mean Jack Daniels?

Frank Slade: He may be Jack to you son, but when you've known him as long as I have...