Burnley (H) Saturday 2nd Nov, 15:00

Comments

• We have the makings of a good side and the squad will have depth also if we can get some injured players back and keep the others fit. Fabianski, Diop, Rice, Zaba, and Arnie have been superb in my book. Whilst Anderson has the ability if not the consistency to make it into this group.

The board have really backed up the things said when moving this season and we have the results of it. This is the team I think many hoped for the season after we left the Boleyn. The key player to come back for me is Lanzini as he and Arnie were really beginning to gel and he could be the player who allows our play to end in more goals than it is at present.

We will need sign Rice up and ensure Diop stays as they will come calling for him very soon I feel sure, there cannot be too many young centre halves with anywhere near his potential in the world at present.
  • So, just watched MOTD, no post match comments at all on the penalty shout or the very late tackle assault on Diangana in the build up to the second goal.

Fixed it for you ;ok

Horrible challenge and worthy of a red (particularly if there's any consistency after Noble's challenge last week).

Was he retrospectively booked by the ref?
    Yeah it said on the BBC text commentary that he was, but tbh he should have had worse than that.
  • The Chicken Run
    IMG_3603

Ercans fish & chip shop
    IMG_3605

Remembrance Day
    13A40D0D-9EC8-483D-BF80-496DC4D0D8BF
  • Diop is just too good to be called Diop. I found myself shouting Issa Monster!! every time he won the ball. It sounds better than Diop! Diop! ;star
  • We’ve been putting in similar performances since our fifth game, against Everton.

7 games, 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses (bearing in mind those fixtures include Everton, Man U, Chelsea, Spurs).

This performance isn’t surprising, we just took our chances (and could have had more).

With a more favourable fixture list coming up, hopefully we can climb the table (assuming we can carry on with the recent performances).

I think it will be interesting to see where both we and Bournemouth finish up after 19 games. Bournemouth have a very tough run of fixtures coming up.
  • edited November 2018
    A bit of an insight from Anderson into what has helped him:

“The Premier League is really hard, really strong and everybody is really strong,” he explained. “I had to adapt and my teammates always told me they had faith in me regardless if I played well or badly and that has been really important for my adaptation and to be able to show my game.”

“The fans here are incredible,” said the match-winner. “I’ve never seen something like that. At the beginning of the season it was very hard, I didn’t play well and they kept on motivating me, they kept on supporting me, and that stayed in my heart and I’m really happy that I could bring them some joy.”

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/november/04-november/felipe-anderson-im-really-happy-i-could-bring-fans-some-joy#cLZksOQ0UpRVwY37.99

• Grey - I saw that and it’s nice of him to say that about the fans, but I don’t think it’s really true. I wouldn’t say we’ve been behind him, particularly in recent games.
  • edited November 2018
    Interviewer: Lastly, a small message for the supporters in English
    Anderson: Come On You Irons (Samba version) ;biggrin
  • I was slightly to the left of centre.... ;whistle
  • edited November 2018
    Isn’t it much more enjoyable how we now fashion chances. Moved on from the slightly 50-50 nature of the Sam era, the counter attack of Slav & the Lanzini-Arnie show under Moyes, to actually combining a host of players with intricate passing & movement off the ball to open defences. We were not even at 100% yesterday & still cut Burnley open at ease, & missing a host of creative players through injury.

PelleWeTrust
  • I am excited about Lanzini in the Snodgrass role
  • Alderz ;ok

I think Lanzini could be close to world class in a Pelle team, linking up with Arnie and Anderson in particular.
  • I think Lanzini was going to play in that position for Argentina before he got injured in the summer.
  • What on earth did the referee/linesman see when they didn’t give the penalty on Diangana? Clueless ;doh
  • Jorderz

;ok

When even the opposition manager says it was a clear foul, you know you've dropped a serious ricket.
  • Grey ;ok

I just can’t understand what they thought happened. It wasn’t congested and it wasn’t particularly quick. He was either tripped or dived (in which case, you have to book Grady). Strange.
  • Goals on Sunday ;doh ;angry
  • MrsGrey said:

Goals on Sunday ;doh ;angry

What's happened
  • What they say?
  • Left us until almost last, and cut short discussion of the game.
  • Haters will always hate
  • The presenter, Ben Shephard, is a Hammer...
  • They have an hour and a half to show the goals from 7 games. How can they misjudge the timings so badly that they get to the last 5 minutes and have to cram in 2 games?
  • Very positive about our performance on MOTD...

How unusual...
  • This is what happens when you leave a foot in on Arnie, a few minutes earlier

6B796CA0-445E-4A04-9213-DC0F88C32057
  • So, as a result of our win, we find ourselves at the bottom of the middle 3rd, rather than in the bottom 3rd.

A few decent results could see us top half, which would be nice...
  • That at first sounded like for those watching in black and white the blue ball is the one hiding behind the brown lol
This discussion has been closed.