Burnley (H) Saturday 2nd Nov, 15:00

Comments

• alderz said:

Outcast

imp Anderson needs to be dropped.

Hmm I thought we signed him from Lazio and not from Lincoln City. ;hmm
  • Mrs Grey, I'm glad you was being observant, and that you spotted my deliberate mistake. ;whistle
  • Today, like any PL game, we need to be at it, but unlike some games, if we are, that should be enough for the win.

Burnley are well-organised, and obdurate, and while they have mostly struggled for goals, they put 4 past a below par Bournemouth.

The team, and ideally the crowd, will need to be patient, and not assume that this should be an easy win.
  • edited November 2018
    Have to make the pitch wide and move it at pace. They are usually hard to beat but haven’t been this season. Fulham beat them 4-2.

It won’t be easy but if we get the first goal you’d hope we’d go on from there as they don’t score many away. You’d expect Hart will play a blinder.
  • I just hope any kids or family's going don't have to go through what I and others went through last season. Bad memories of this one.
  • Hamstew ;ok

I was there with junior
  • I really hope I can enjoy this match. I think I’m enjoying this season even less than the last one. While I do agree we are trying to play better football, the expectations were bigger this season with the manager we hired and the money we spent.

I just want to be able to watch Match of the Day and see us win AND play well. Is it so much to ask ;weep
  • ;pray any kind of a win will do for me ;scarf
  • Really need a win here today

Feeling fairly confident
  • Fabianski, Zabaleta, Diop, Balbuena, Masuaku, Obiang, Rice, Snodgrass, Anderson, Diangana, Arnautovic.
  • So close. Cresswell for Arthur ;wahoo
  • Cresswell starts rather than Arthur ;scarf
  • McHammer said:

Fab
    Zab Rocky Diop Cress
    Obiang Rice Snoddy
    Grady Arnie Anderson

called it
  • Well for me Anderson owes us a big game nows his chance to take it and prove us all wrong, over to you son COYI
  • Interesting to see who starts out wide, Snodgrass or Anderson. Nice to see him stick with Diangana who has looked threatening at times.
  • Doesn't look good for Obiang, we truly are cursed.
  • BBC reporting Arnie limping too?
  • edited November 2018
    Was limping briefly earlier but when doesn't he?

Obiang actually back on

Get in, Arnie, bit of a gift.
  • Arnie: either limping or scoring. No middle ground.

coyi
  • Hart must feel right at home, picking the ball out of the net at the London Stadium.
  • edited November 2018
    Nearly a second, nice ball from Anderson to Arnie, good save from Hart
  • Snoddy taking corners, thankfully.
  • Oh wow, nearly a second, dreadful play again by Burnley, Anderson beats Hart but headed off the line.
  • Penalty claim but defender just gets a touch.

We need a second while we're on top.

Diangana down now but again no penalty. Much better claim than the previous one, a pen for me.
  • Shock horror decision goes against West Ham
  • Clear penalty. VAR can’t come quick enough.
  • this ref is a joke
  • Diangana's touch been off a few times but still being very well supported by the crowd.

Now he wins a corner.
This discussion has been closed.