Spurs (home) 7:45pm League Cup 31/10/2018 Trick or Treat?

Comments

• Are we not allowed to tackle?
  • They have seven of the players who beat us 1-0 the other Saturday missing from the starting line up. This is from a team who is supposed to have no strength in depth that is what I find really galling. I am realising it's best not to care because it is the anticipation that does for you.
  • We all know Hart has a big point to prove so expect another 1-0 defeat Saturday.
  • How was that not a penalty on Antonio
  • But 2 of those were always backups. They had Alli and Eriksson available tonight.

There's a reason we were all hoping they'd field the kids.
  • Rice is hobbling
  • We all know Hart has a big point to prove so expect another 1-0 defeat Saturday.

That's the spirit ;ok

Maybe we can just forfiet the game to avoid injuries.
  • We were as good as the Spuds in one area - most of the time they headed the ball it went to one of their players and most of the time we headed the ball it went to one of their players.
    no real effort and so many players did not perform.
  • Diop ;bowdown
  • Mrs G,

;ok but they played on Monday on the ploughed field and still they can put a side out to beat us two days later, it's really disappointing.
  • edited October 2018
    We’ve been unfortunate.

The changes we had to make due to injuries and suspensions means that we have had to play a new look back five, switch Diop to RCB, rush Obiang back in, keep faith with Diangana and bring in Antonio who I think is gone at this level. In contrast, Spurs weakening involved bringing in Alli, Son and Eriksen. They have that cutting edge ruthlessness and added to a bit of disjointed defending, that was the difference. Again we could’ve scored a few more goals than we did.
  • Disappointing but hardly unexpected unless you have been living in a cave for the past decade.
  • Barney said:

no real effort

Totally disagree.
  • Antonio was pony. Anderson still not convinced.
    Its depressing that our academy players are a level above everyone else on the pitch.
    Horrible performance. Spurs never got out of third gear.
  • Luke by cutting edge ruthlessness you mean clinical and by could have scored a few more goals we weren't clinical.
  • edited October 2018
    Oh and to boot a fight in our stand between a few fans stay classy West Ham.
    East stand. Spitting and punching.
  • A really terrible result.

New players new manager. Always the same West Ham though !!

Cannot score , let in stupid goals.

You could transfer the whole Man city team to play for West Ham and the football and this club would not change at all . Loads of players would suddenly get injured . Most players would show little or no desire to win for the fans. Aguero would never score and the defenders would start making stupid mistakes.

There are always a couple of games during the season where you think West Ham have turned a corner but they quickly go back to being total rubbish.

We might scrape survival once again this season but most games we play we are awful.
    This club is bordering on the pathetic now. It is just Groundhog Day all season every season.
  • So we got beaten. On to more important matters. I've discovered a half-used tin of coconut milk at the back of my fridge. The Use By date says Dec-2018 but it's gone a funny colour and has a blueish-tinged scum floating on the top. Could anyone advise whether it's safe to use when I'm cooking my evening meal.
  • Never happy to lose, but if you think about the dross we've served up in these games in previous seasons, that was a massive improvement. We no longer look scared of the ball. I really don't see how anyone could knock any of the players tonight.
  • adecoker said:

So we got beaten. On to more important matters. I've discovered a half-used tin of coconut milk at the back of my fridge. The Use By date says Dec-2018 but it's gone a funny colour and has a blueish-tinged scum floating on the top. Could anyone advise whether it's safe to use when I'm cooking my evening meal.

Scoop the scummy mould off the top and discard. Make sure that the rest is thoroughly boiled in whatever dish you are concocting. Enjoy. ;ok
  • 10 x better that than anything we served up last season.
  • But still the same results.

Is anyone else concerned about this?
  • No.

We’re almost a good side.

I’m certain the next two games will show people we are getting there.

I do agree we need to start winning soon though as Pelle is racking up his loss column.
  • We'd have been away to Arsenal next round
  • Anyone else getting pretty fed up of losing , not good enough with the money spent and a top class coach
  • edited October 2018
    But Lukerz, we were a good side. That last season at the Boleyn we were a very good side.

It feels like we've regressed since then. Honestly felt we could beat anyone that season, and for large parts of it we did.

Since then we've struggled in the league, have had a combination of bad luck and sub-par performances in the cups and seem to be stuck in the same cycles of not scoring enough and conceding too many.
  • edited October 2018
    Not with the games we’ve had, no.

I think the next batch taking us up to Xmas will be where we show what we are about. I have accepted this is a transition style season and over the last few weeks have liked the way we have played. We have had a few narrow defeats, couple of draws & a couple of wins against good sides. A couple of disappointments too, but all games since Liverpool have been 50-50 at worse.

Tonight was disappointing but it was a cup game with two much changes sides. They had the better quality, in defence and attack. We didn’t defend as well as we have but we didin’t have our regular back line out. As has been the case we struggle to score because Arnie shoulders the burden.

Still plenty of room to improve and players who need to up their game but it will take time. I’m hoping we get some rewards for our efforts on Saturday. Then everybody will be looking at it through a different lens.
  • Luke the next few games will be a defining period because we need to buck the current trend. We've lost more points from a winning position this season so far than anyone else (although we've not been in many) and also, apart from the early cup game, if we've gone behind we've lost.
    We struggle to hold onto a lead and struggle even more to get back into games once we go behind.
    Saturday it's going to be absolutely crucial that we don't concede first.
  • edited October 2018
    Some of those players performances were disgraceful. Players on shed loads of money strolling around whilst players on less than a quarter of their salary busting a gut. Pathetic.
  • At least we wont lose 3-1 to the gunners, we can do that at home thank you :(
This discussion has been closed.