Leicester (away) 5:30pm 27/10/2018 - Match build-up, commentary, discussion & analysis

Comments

• it is especially with some strong English Mustard ;ok

You spelt 'Worcestershire Sauce' wrong
    No one knows how to spell wustesure sauce.
  • But we all know it's pronounced Worr-cest-err-shire source ;ok
  • If Sanchez and Yarmo are out for the season, then yes.

And the answer to the concomitant question - what do you do when they are fit again - is?

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve our options, is there?

Not at all, but you have to balance long term and short term, or else you never REALLY improve.

• Sanchez is not long term and shouldn't have been short or any term IMHO!
  • When they're fit again they compete with the other players for a place in the 25 man list.

I'd rather have too many options than not enough.

Also, I definitely didn't have to Google what 'concomitant' means.
  • But, the ones that don't make the list - we still have to pay them.
  • Apparently the Leicester owners helicopter has crashed outside the stadium.
  • Hamstew said:

Apparently the Leicester owners helicopter has crashed outside the stadium.

Just seen some footage of the aftermath. Terrible. Thoughts with all concerned.
  • this is terrible, football takes a back seat to this
  • couldn't believe that news when I saw this morning, terrible....
  • edited October 2018
    Puts the football into perspective for me. Yes it’s important to us all but it isn’t life and death.

Shocking news.
  • The only one other than Nobes who slightly disappointed me was Anderson, but he is that sort of player. He will be hit and miss.

I thought Hernandez led the line well for most of the game.
  • Terrible news for all concerned there reporting the owner was on bored now as well
  • I've watched the game and I don't think anyone had a bad performance. Anderson isn't the greatest defensively but he worked hard. Noble was reckless but he does that once a season so it wasn't unexpected.

Hernandez was rusty and was on his own for most of the game as was Antonio, both worked hard at the job of being our lone attacking outlet.

Masuaku defended well for once and everything I said about Snoddy not being able to play in central midfield was horribly wrong.

Another positive to take away from this is that Bilic decided not to spend £25m on Iheanacho.
  • Anderson gives the ball away to much for my liking.
  • edited October 2018
    It’s jist been confirmed that the owner was on board the helicopter last night, very tragic and sad news, thoughts and prayers are with friends, family and Leicester City Football Club and their fans.
  • Ham, I thought that during the game, and made a mental note to check his stats. So thanks for reminding me ;ok

Passing accuracy: top was Diangana (86.2%) with Snodgrass 2nd (85.3)
    Anderson, 66.7% (Lower than the 2 already mentioned, and also behind Chicarito, Noble, Masuaku, Rice, Balbuena, Diop and Zaba.)

Snodgrass was top for tackles and top for shots.
  • Anderson doesn't look like he wants to be here half the time. He really is just a poor Dimitri Payet imo. He seems to think playing football is only when you have the ball at your feet.
  • I think we need to get behind Anderson, and allow him the time to develop his game for the PL.

Not many players get it straight away, and some take up to a season.

For me, he is a quality player who will, with the right handling, come very, very good for us.
  • I agree he deserves time.
  • Were we watching the same game? Anderson tracked back, put in a tackle or two, won the ball back on at least one occasion.
  • Anderson doesn't look like he wants to be here half the time. He really is just a poor Dimitri Payet imo. He seems to think playing football is only when you have the ball at your feet.

Well Payet was renowned for his defensive work.

He did'nt play well yesterday but showed glimpses of what is there. As Grey states "give him time".
  • edited October 2018
    It's a shame that there is nothing, as far as I can see, on the OS about the accident last night, considering there were a lot of West Ham fans in the near vicinity at that time.
  • edited October 2018
    There have been some tweets from the club and also the board expressing their best wishes and confirming the safety of the players.

Disagree with this

He had a poor game granted but to say he doesn't want to be there is harsh

The guy was tracking back from the minute the game started and put in a huge shift....something we never saw with payer

He got flack last week for allowing sissoko to turn him outside the 18 yard box and while that was poor, Payer wouldn't have even tracked him I the first place

Perosnally I think he needs to be in the middle behind the striker, unfortunately we don't play with a #10
  • Andersen is so frustrating as I do believe he is a footballer and will be good for us, I am just waiting for him to prove me right, maybe the pace of the game is a struggle for him but I really think he will get there.

Thought Antonio gave his all, a classic bull in a china shop type of performance but there is no doubt that his strength and determination caused problems.

And as for Fab, Rice and Diop, just how good are they ;clap
  • Anderson was much better yesterday, against Spurs he was terrible.

I agree he needs some time to develop better decision making skills. Sometimes I wonder if he’s just buffering.
This discussion has been closed.