Leicester (away) 5:30pm 27/10/2018 - Match build-up, commentary, discussion & analysis

Comments

• Yeah Noble can take the blame.

But fantastic effort. Can’t fault them.
  • edited October 2018
    Yeah, he got nothing from Oliver. Pretty poor from the ref, IMO.

A point well earned in the end.

Noble, Hernandez and Anderson were poor today. Need some more bodies in in January to make something of this season.
  • Just very pleased Leicester didn't snatch the win, although we had a few chances to take all 3.
  • y. Need some more bodies in in January to make something of this season.

No, just our injured players back.
  • Well done you irons. Nicked a point there, but should have been a lucky three. I hope Amartey gets fit and fixed soon. ;hug
  • That is another frustration Dodger. In spite of everything, we actually had chances to win that game.
  • MrsGrey said:

y. Need some more bodies in in January to make something of this season.

We'll need some to cover the next batch of injured players once the first lot come back.
  • alderz said:

Antonio has had his best performance in about a year, for me

Fella looks exhausted. He's only been on for 20 minutes.
    tbh, his body language is always like that. Look back at some of the games when he was in his pomp.
  • would have taken a point b4 game all day long, but typical our luck a deflected goal with a few mins left, oh well we didn't lose but its a bitter end to the game ...
    our squad is now coming exhausted .....but no moaning from me, just a bit gutted lady luck was not on out side for once in my lifetime,..,
  • Nobes' sending off was harsh, IMO. The player wasn't in the picture when he made the challenge; he kicks his leg into Nobes' tackle.

Terrific effort from the players; would have taken a point at the start, so under the circs well satisfied.
  • Jamie Vardy.
    Cows bottom.
    Banjo.
  • An away point, with 10 men for the best part of an hour, against Vardy, Grey and Okazaki.
    Can't complain about taht.

All sorts of team spirit, playing for the shirt etc etc.

coyi
  • MrsGrey said:

y. Need some more bodies in in January to make something of this season.

Will they be though? Sanchez and Yarmo likely to be out for the season. Can't rely on Carroll or Wilshere's fitness. Obiang has a decent amount of time on the sidelines, too.

If Arnie has to have surgery or a prolonged period of rest for his knee we're horribly short up front.

Need two or three in, IMO.
  • respect the point ;scarf
  • edited October 2018
    2 or 3 in? So leave Sanchez and Yarmo out of the squad list for the rest of the season?

What do you do in the summer, when they all come back and you have 2 or 3 surplus senior players? Or, maybe 4 or 5 'cos a couple of the kids/yoofs (out on loan like Cullen, or pushing up against the age barrier like Diangana or Oxford) are also looking for opportunities?

Do you only sign the new ones on short term contracts?

Do yo accept that the kids are going to have to move on?

No, not for me. That's a step backwards to short term solutions, and leaves no opps for the kids. If we want to build a good squad, we can't be looking for short term fixes all the time.
  • If Sanchez and Yarmo are out for the season, then yes.

But even without the injuries I'd still want another forward in at a minimum. Arnie is carrying this front line and no way should we rely on Carroll to stay fit.

I also think we started the season a central midfielder light, so I'd like to see us sign one of those too.

Nothing wrong with wanting to improve our options, is there?
  • How good is Rice though
  • I honestly think we should sell Chicharito in January (or the summer). I really like him but I’ve though this for a while. I’d prefer a stronger player upfront as backup for Arnautovic. Who? I don’t know.
  • Hamstew said:

How good is Rice though

MOTM and deservedly so. Maddison has been really good so far this season but Rice controlled him brilliantly.

Need to build the midfield around this lad. Southgate is the crowd, too. Hopefully he'd have been impressed.
  • edited October 2018
    Deserved three points but aside from that this match for me was the point we became Pelles team and showed we are actually a very good side. Potentially a credible candidate for the best outside the top five.

Players playing well individually and as a team, tactics and substitutions made well and effort level that is obscene, so much running off the ball. Leicester really played that second half at full tempo yet our desire to not concede was evident in every tackle, every close and every run.

This was also without someone who arguably our best player in Arnie.

Lots to look forward to in my view !
  • Maddison, from what I’ve seen, is massively overrated.
  • Diop is great, isn't he?
  • Would have taken a point if offered before the game, but obviously gutted to have conceded so late and so unluckily, and then to mess up so badly when we went down the other end.

Diop and Rocky have improved so much from their first games this season, and Rice was immense again, we really, really need to tie him down to a new contract, because it would cost us a huge amount, and big wages, to replace him with someone as good.
  • How good is Fabianski though
  • Hamstew said:

How good is Fabianski though

he is great , however IMHO his 1 weakness is kicking out, but if that's it, we scored big time!
  • How good is cheese on toast though
  • it is especially with some strong English Mustard ;ok
  • Sounds like I've got an interesting match to watch after I finish work at 1am...except it will be midnight cos the clocks go back.

Marmite for me but I respect your version ;ok

You spelt 'Worcestershire Sauce' wrong
This discussion has been closed.