Leicester (away) 5:30pm 27/10/2018 - Match build-up, commentary, discussion & analysis

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Lot of build up on the site about Diangana. Might well see him replace Yarmolenko.

Yes I think Snodgrass will keep his place in the midfield three, with either Diangana or Antonio as a right forward.

I thought Snodgrass did a good job against Spurs as the furthest forward player of the midfield three. He closed down players well.
  • Without Yarmo we lose that calmness on the ball in terms of retaining possession. Snodgrass needs to play as a result because he is pretty good on the ball. Then we can have the unpredictability of Diang on the wing, but he could also go with Antonio or Perez or even Masuaku. Or he could move Snoddy to the right to get Hernandez in the side.
  • Pellegrini's view: “For me, one of the most important things as a player is that when you have the ball, you give the ball to a player in the same colour shirt. If you have red, you must give it to red. That is the basic thing for a player and Diangana always starts with that.
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/october/26-october/pellegrini-backs-diangana-feature-regularly-hammers#sOjT6BMstHWwffrs.99
  • Well that's a great endorsement of a young player. I like what the manager is doing here bringing the youngsters to train with the senior squad should help them immensely. ;wahoo
  • My team won 6 4 today with my fellow centre half getting punched. Blood everywhere. Dreaming of a rare double.
  • Nothing like a good punch up to get the team going ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • edited October 2018
    Yes we refused to lose after that! Lifetime ban for that nutter. He played on too like Terry Butcher.
  • I hope Diangana features he hasn't looked out of his depth at all. A bit lightweight but composed.
  • Will be watching this game from AJs, a football supporting pub close to the Wrigley field - (they also do a decent pie)

COYI
  • So rare I get to watch us on the big telly. Usually just a stream on my phone.

Mon the Hammers
  • edited October 2018
    BT sport score tv show cancelled after Glen Hoddle who was a pundit today collapsed in the studio and has been rushed to hospital.
  • Hope he is OK
  • Arnie out with illness
  • So Antonio or Hernandez up front then I guess.

No goals in 180 minutes with Arnie on the pitch, so can only see another blank this evening.
  • Antonio and co are going to have to step up.
  • I hope Hernandez plays and steps up. We need him big time now.
  • We do Jorderz, but he just doesn't fit with the formation that Pelle like to play. Unless we go two up front, Hernandez is pretty redundant, IMO.

Arnie has everything a modern forward needs; Hernandez, unfortunately, doesn't.

So I think we'll start with Antonio up top.
  • Arnie ;weep
    Glenn Hoddle ;pray
    coyi
  • Nope, Hernandez starts.

Diangana does too.

Only two changes.

;scarf
  • Let’s pray it is illness and not his knee being operated on
  • Hernandez movement is excellent, so in 90 minutes he’s bound to get a couple of good opportunities at least IMO. But he needs to put more concentration in staying onside. He also needs people near him to interplay with. If he’s isolated, he’s useless.
  • Perez not even on the bench, two youth players instead. Strange.
  • Yeah, I had high hopes for Perez. I liked him before he went to Arsenal. Then, he had a very good year last season in La Liga. I’m not sure what’s going on as it might not be working out with him.
  • Jorderz, agree that we need Anderson, Snoddy and Diangana close to him if he's going to have any effect at all ;ok
  • Hernandez did well at the World Cup for Mexico as the main striker. He was helped a lot by the two wingers.
  • Leicester clean sweep Hernandez will get bullied to much. One way traffic for Leicester.
This discussion has been closed.