West Ham vs Spurs (15:00, 20/10/18) - Match build-up, commentary, discussion & analysis

Comments

• Arnie catches Trippier and goes in the book.
  • Diangana looks bright (if a little lightweight understandably)

Feels like today but isn't gonna come off for us
  • Champo ;ok

I think Diangana looks lively. I think you can very clearly see that he is more potential than ability when compared to, say, Rice. Hopefully if he keeps getting game time he'll kick on in the same way.
  • edited October 2018
    Good position for Antonio but he loses possession just as things were getting interesting.
  • Would be very West Ham for Arnautovic to get a straight red before the game's out.
  • Atkinson being massively inconsistent with what he is giving as fouls/bookings, IMO.

Gives nothing for an elbow on Diangana by Winks, books Arnie for making a tackle, gives Arnie nothing when he goes down under pressure, then gives Kane a free kick for less.

Books Noble for stopping his man (fair enough) then let's Davies off for the same thing.

Very poor performance.
  • Spurs are hanging onto the ball much better since Dembele came on.
  • How is that a yellow for Snodgrass?
  • It's been reasonably comfortable for Spurs though and I can see them snatching a second.
  • I think we've been comfortably the better side this half, and Lloris has made two very good saves. If they were to score a second it would only because we are pushing on so much.
  • Chico scores but disallowed as Arnie was offside in the buildup
  • Shame. Hernandez delays his pass/Arnie went too early, and from the resulting pass Hernandez slots but the flag, correctly, goes up.
  • But have nothing to show for it.

People knock Brighton for how they play but they're looking like having six from six and we, yet again, have nothing.
  • I think we’re missing somebody like Lanzini who can create and link up through the middle.

Another very frustrating day.
  • much improved 2nd half imo, Spurs apart from their goal have offered little imo...
    Another 1 of those frustrating games for us, we use to that....
  • But have nothing to show for it.

People knock Brighton for how they play but they're looking like having six from six and we, yet again, have nothing.

Do you remember this forum under Allardyce? Or even Moyes? I personally like seeing us play well.
  • Thorn

Think saying Spurs have looked 'comfortable' 2nd half is seriously overstating it.

On balance, I don't think anyone would say we didn't deserve a draw if we nicked one.

Spurs are a good side in good form, and we've given them a proper game.

Loss apart, what's not to like?
  • alderz said:

But have nothing to show for it.

Do you remember this forum under Allardyce? Or even Moyes? I personally like seeing us play well.
    Of course I do, and I like seeing us play well too. But why do we seem to play well and still not win?
  • Antonio worked some space nicely but a very poor attempt at a cross, complete waste.

Then another great chance from Arnie and Lloris saves well again.
  • Why didnt Antonio keep going? Nobody stopping him running in on goal (then Arnie with a great chance!) ;angry ;doh
  • I like to see us play well but I also like to see us pick up points. 6 defeats in 9 games is definitely not good enough.
  • alderz said:

But have nothing to show for it.

Of course I do, and I like seeing us play well too. But why do we seem to play well and still not win?
    Personally, I still believe we will finish ahead of Brighton this season, and be a lot better to watch in the process.
  • If Antonio could cross we would be a much better side
  • Another corner, less than 2 mins of the added 4 to go.
  • alderz said:

If Antonio could cross play football we would be a much better side

• One final chance, but Antonio blasts over from just outside the box.
  • 0-1 FT.

We deserved a point imo.
  • We've made Lloris make 3 big saves, its not like we've just been playing it around with no purpose.

And just HOW good is Diop?

coyi
  • edited October 2018
    We're going to lose games every season. When we do lose, I'll take this kind of performance, where we are always in it and at it.

;scarf
This discussion has been closed.