West Ham vs Spurs (15:00, 20/10/18) - Match build-up, commentary, discussion & analysis

Comments

• How only 3 minutes added????
  • Poor goal to concede. Think we'll struggle to get anything out of this now.
  • Anderson has been dreadful in everything he’s done. Didn’t go with the runner and it was so easy for the guy crossing.
  • Anderson REALLY not on it today
  • How was that not 2? Dreadful defending but great from Fabianski.
  • Almost a second after Anderson let's (I think it was) Lamela skip around him as if he wasn't there
  • Fabianski keeping us in it.
  • fabianski keeps us in the game with that double save at end, Anderson , yeh a very poor 1st half, still in it, so ;scarf
  • Pretty poor from us. Nowhere near as intense as we have been in recent weeks. Very flat. Might be worth putting Hernandez on with Arnie and force the game more. That spurs midfield is not as strong as it could be.
  • edited October 2018
    Our players talk the talk all week but rarely walk the walk. You wouldn't think we were the home side in a London derby.
  • Think people are being harsh re: Anderson's defending. It's not like he isn't getting back, or getting beaten by a dumper truck. And where was Cresers during the build up?

Goal apart, I enjoyed how we approached that half; good to see Pelle trusting Diangana.

We've shown enough to suggest we aren't out of this, IMO.

COYI
  • We need to get some shots in though. Only one shot in that half.
  • half time rollicking followed by full time frolicking

(can you imagine Bonzo 'frolicking'? Well its 2018 eh...
  • what a save by Lloris
  • Big tackles from Diop and Cresswell ;ok
  • Ref blows for a spurs injury, definitely not a head injury or anything that serious, why???
  • Ref blows for a spurs injury, definitely not a head injury or anything that serious, why???

I never get it when ref's do that
  • edited October 2018
    In a similar vein, Alonso was down in the Chelsea box in the early game, holding his head, ref let's play go on and Utd score, Alonso then straightaway gets up, no head injury.

2 points, firstly, retrospective action against Alonso for trying to deceive the ref? (not gonna happen but it should to stop fakers as it's a tactic that will happen more and more). But secondly, would the ref have blown if it wasn't Utd attacking (as in a non top 6 team), and my guess is yes (happened against us the other week).
  • Noble in the book, surprised it took this long to be honest.
  • Arnie having a quiet disagreement with Sanchez there ;lol
  • Another chance for Arnautovic and one for Balbuena from the resulting corner.

No goals for us today.
  • Arnie forces another save from Lloris, and then Rocky heads wide from the resulting corner.

Now a melee involving Arnie and Sanchez.
  • Btw, Hernandez came on for Anderson a few minutes ago.
  • Issa Diop has been fantastic again today. I really, really rate him
  • Oh no, commentator just said Sanchez waiting for his first goal for Spurs ;doh
  • edited October 2018
    Another corner, at least no Anderson lol
  • Great chance for Diop but heads wide.
  • Antonio on for Noble. All out attack
  • Antonio on for Noble.
  • someones going to get sent off i think.
This discussion has been closed.