Post Summer Transfer Rumours and Speculation

Comments

• If Rice doesn't want to play for Ireland while Roy Keane is involved then I suspect moving to Man U while Mourinho is involved wouldn't be any more appealing.
  • 9CCFEA33-87DE-4F4B-A364-8712B7C8AEE2
    Arnie has his say ;ok
  • But what about his brother? ;hmm
  • Can he play right back?
  • IronHerb said:

How would selling him to Man U be unforgivable. A step up the ladder no?

You’re kind of stating the obvious here. Of course it’s advancement for the lad, but it’s hardly great for us losing a promising kid because we dragged our heels over his contract. That’s what would be unforgivable.
  • Not really. Just because he gets a new contract doesn't mean he won't be interested in a move to one of the big boys, or they won't still be interested in him.
  • IronHerb said:

Not really. Just because he gets a new contract doesn't mean he won't be interested in a move to one of the big boys, or they won't still be interested in him.

But if he's signed a new contract we're more likely to be compensated appropriately.
  • LEFT BACK LEFT BACK LEFT BACK QUALITY NEEDED URGENTLY
  • LEFT BACK LEFT BACK LEFT BACK QUALITY NEEDED URGENTLY

What's wrong with Cresswell?
  • Youre Aaron a larf! ;yercoat
  • Looks like Oxford could be on the move in January, probably just as well for both him and us.
  • Had high hopes for him but for some reason he doesn’t seem to have pushed on
  • Telegraph reports United have expressed an interest in Arnie but will not be making a bid in January. They will monitor him until the summer.
  • edited November 2018
    I wonder how long before Ogbonna gets tired of sitting on the bench, in March he was called up to the Italian squad as cover but he's not going to get another call up if he's not playing.
  • edited November 2018
    Pelle says
    Unfortunately we have just one right full-back. It's impossible for Pablo, at his age, to play seven games in December, so we'll see what we will do in that position because we will be without Ryan which is a very serious thing.
    Why do I have a nasty feeling that "trying out different options in training" means Antonio at RB.

Hold me, I feel cold...

Podcast West Ham Way say we might put a bid in for Victor Moses again although whether than would be a loan or a transfer is unclear (and I can't be bothered to listen to a whole hour's podcast to find out)
  • MrsGrey said:

News from Pelle today.

Arnie is fit.

They are looking at options going forward for RB, because 'Pablo cannot play seven games in December.'

Not sure what that means - apparently they are trying out different options in training....

Is he Santa ;nonono
  • Is he Santa? ... May be he has a get out clause

;yercoat
  • edited November 2018
    Thing is, unless there's been bad news/a setback that we don't know about, Fredericks will be back in January at some point. So if we buy in or take on loan an extra player once the window opens, what do we do with them for the rest of the season? (And if potential signings know this, will they come, knowing they'll likely not play much?

We need someone for December, if the comments Pelle made are anything to go by. But if we get a new player for December, they'd have to be a free agent - in essence, they won't have played, so probably won't be fit until later on, by which time they'll be surplus to requirements.

I'd rather us tough it out with wing-backs (Antonio can do a better job as WB than at RB - and does anyone remember the match Cresswell played at RB?!). Unless there's a kid who's ready - but there hasn't been much sign of that.

• Podcast West Ham Way say we might put a bid in for Victor Moses again although whether than would be a loan or a transfer is unclear

This rumour has been around for a few weeks, ever since Sarri said Moses isn't part of his plans.

O which basis ( can't bare to listen to that podcast) I'd guess Chelsea would be happy to sell.
  • I’d give Oxford a go before he goes
  • Patrice Evra might be a good stop gap as a full back...
  • ;angry ;weep ;nonono ;nonono ;nonono
  • Roger the relegator ;hmm
  • Cuz1 said:

I’d give Oxford a go before he goes

;hmm Pelle saw him in pre-season and didn't want to keep him for using this season.

Our club 'watchers' will have been watching him in his loan performances. His data will have come back to the club.

They'l have enough info to make a decision - no need for any further 'goes' at this point. (imo)

Obviously, they might judge that he's made sufficient progress that they are confident of him being an asset to the 1st team squad next season. Otherwise, let him go and wish him well.
  • Ben Johnson is the U23 right back. Maybe he'll get a chance.

Pretty sure it'll be Antonio though.
  • Never even been on the bench for a Cup game for the senior squad. Has he even been judged good enough to train with the 1st team? (genuine question)

imo they only deserve a 'chance' if they are up to scratch - it seems to me (I stand to be corrected) that he isn't.
  • I'm sure he made the bench a couple of times last season ;hmm
  • edited November 2018
    The youngster also got his first taste of senior team action at the end of last year when he travelled and was named on the substitutes’ bench for the fixture at Manchester City in December
    Ok, once under Moyes.

I'm not saying he should be given a chance, only that he might be, seeing that Pellegrini seems prepared to give the youngsters a shot.
  • ;ok His name rang no bells.
  • If they deem he may be good enough next season why wait, me personally would give him a chance rather than sell, you hear rumours of 10-12 million, for a player we don’t seem to rate I just can’t get my head round it