Brighton (A) - 05 Oct 18 - 8pm ko - Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• He was holding his head in pain maybe?
  • edited October 2018
    Doubt it. People usually hold the bit that hurts. He knew what he was doing.

When you stub your toe/trap your finger in the door/clonk your funny bone... who lies down on the floor clutching their head? Find me that person and I will find you a cheat ;wink
  • So you've never seen a player holding their head when they have taken a heavy knock? I have.
  • Can say IronHerb I haven’t it’s usually the part of the body that actually hurts
  • It wasn't like where someone sits 'head in hands' in despair knowing they've picked up a bad injury.

Anyway, by all means have your interpretation of what he did. I know what I think and won't change my mind. ;ok
  • edited October 2018
    Saddest part of last night's match was the lack of impact made by all 3 subs. In fact Antonio made things worse. I think it was pretty obvious from half time that they were only playing on the counter attack so we should have sacrificed 1 midfielder a lot earlier and brought on Snodgrass. Obiang was not that effective all game and a Lanzini type player would have made all the difference. Perez was pointless, again.
    A lot of teams will struggle there this season but our performance deserved a point.
  • Fearless.

(photocreds Photograph: Phil Duncan/ProSports/REX/Shutterstock )
  • MrsGrey, who? It looked like both could have suffered, especially if Murray landed awkwardly, if you see what I mean ;biggrin
  • Zaba putting his bonce in towards Murray's boots to clear the ball.
  • edited October 2018
    I think the sloppy goal we gave away made that game very difficult. They were happy with the 1-0 from then onwards. I think we may well have won that if we didn’t concede when we did. Not sure what Masuaku was doing.

Was surprised the amount of respect they gave us. It was like they were playing one of the big four at home.
  • Lukerz: no, that was Man U last week ;wink
  • When Zab said we need to learn to start each game the way we start and play in the second half of games reminded me of what the late great Danny Blanchflower used to say to his Spurs side. Just before they went out he used to say to them “let’s try to equalise before the other team scores” ie play as if we need to get back into this which is what we did second half Friday.
  • edited October 2018
    At University we used start the game stating with a handicap of 1 goal against us. We would shout the score a few times in the game which confused the ref and the other team but kept us in our toes. We won the title two years in a row.
  • Thing is saying you want to start games well & doing it are completely different things. You are relying on the majority of the side performing & also the opposition 11 also factor into how you play. Then there’s the referee etc.
  • Luke it's obvious there are many factors involved but we rarely seem to start a game with intensity. Apart from what Zab said, Noble said "we weren't at the races first half" and that's not the only game he's said that after.
    Whether you're pinned back, under the cosh or whatever to look as if you want to be out there and want to win from the off is a first principle. It's their job.
    I'm sure whenever you played you didn't think let's see how it goes first half and then we'll know what to do second half.
This discussion has been closed.