Clubs you dislike/hate and the reasons

2»

Comments

• Heysel was like Hillsborough, an accident waiting to happen. Arsenal fans complained about it a few years before and UEFA could have changed the venue but didn't.

Who portrays them as ''the best fans in the world''?
  • It wasn’t just an accident 11 people were convicted of manslaughter .the media generally portray their fans as brilliant
  • The media reporting of when they smashed Man City’s coach up barely got a mention was inside news coverage in the paper yet when West Ham did the same thing it was all over the front and back pages
  • Apart from the obvious (Millwall & Tottenham), I have a particular dislike of the sectarian bigots of the so called Old Firm, particularly the blue half who I think are the worse of the two. 10 years in Madrid is enough to make anyone hate the entitled bunch that are Real, although I don't have much time for the whingers of Athletico either.I detest Lazio because of the far right connections (I don't get why some WHU fans seem to like them).Back in England I've always disliked Chelsea as well (pre & post money & success) the Mancs, Leeds & Palace.

So you think that the blue half of Glasgow is the “worse of the two”. Where is your evidence to suggest that is the case. It takes two to tango and one sectarian bigot is as bad as the next one, neither should be allowed anywhere near a football match.

• The media reporting of when they smashed Man City’s coach up barely got a mention was inside news coverage in the paper yet when West Ham did the same thing it was all over the front and back pages

We were rightly vilified for our fans attacking the Manchester United coach simply because it was the Manchester United coach! ;wink
  • Several reasons for disliking (I don't deal in hate at my age) clubs:
    Manager : Martinez, Rodgers, Mourinho. Klopp rapidly catching them up. Inflated egos.
    Dirty players : used to be Everton & Chelsea, but they've become much nicer without Fabregas, Terry, McCarthy, etc. Right now Watford are the new Stoke. Arsenal players also dive and demand red cards when tackled.
    Fans : Spurs, Liverpool, any top 6 who think they are entitled. Love the Man Citeh fans because they don't.
    Maybe there should also be a thread on the most likeable teams?
  • Fortune I agree our fans were bang out of order but my point is Liverpool have repeatedly done the same thing to opposition coaches especially in European games and it hardly gets mentioned they have something like 12 UEFA sanctions/fines in the last few years from when they have played in Europe but again it hardly gets mentioned.
  • They had a punch in the stands when they played Seville in the Europa League final. It was brushed over, unlike the scenes outside the Queens pub Upton Park when we played Millwall and it was wall to wall coverage.
  • P_L_F,

I was being very sarcastic. The point I was trying to make is because it was the Manchester United coach & no one is allowed to do anything to them because they are " Manchester United" who should be respected as if they are untouchable. ;ok
  • Sorry fortune I read it quick on the train this morning should have realised with the wink at the end
  • I don’t lick Brighton, thay don’t give goals away to West Ham
  • edited October 2018
    imagelost said:

I don’t lick Brighton, thay don’t give goals away to West Ham

They probably don't like being licked either. :)
  • Glen Murray, because if Lukaku doesn´t score against us, he will.
    And what was Masuaku doing when Murray scored?
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Nothing ;angry
  • Watching spurs against Colin, and it is one of those very rare occasions when I actually want spurs to win, it really feels a bit wierd
  • After a great deal thought
    Leeds united
    In early 70’s I was in the north bank leeds fans had all the south bank, 2 Leeds fans ran on the pitch before start, placed there scarfs on the centre circle and started kissing them.
    Later in the game billy bonds took bremler down, dremler grabed thinking he had a free kick, and the ref done him for hand ball ,,, bonds had free kick,,,,
    Great night coyi
  • Still Nottingham forest, even more was out with a few of there fans last night still harping on about there two European wins 38/39 years ago amazing really yet they didn’t have a clue when there last top flight victory was
  • Burnley have been added to my list, the filthy tackles, the play acting , time wasting. The last two home games against them they have been one of the worse teams I have seen for the darker side of the game.
  • PLF

But because they are managed by St Sean of Dyche, it is never mentioned by the meejah.

They are far more direct, and far more physical than any side Big Sam sent out, yet one is a dinosaur, and the other is doing a brilliant job...
  • grey

I think the reason for that (rightly or wrongly) is that Dyche is honest in his assessment of games, often compliments other teams, and seems to be well liked. Sam has always had a massive ego, moaned a lot, and been associated with some of the games more unsavoury characters.
  • alderz

I think it is confirmation bias; people hear/see what they expect/want.

As an example, there were loads of times people on here slated Sam for never taking responsibility, blaming players etc., and it didn't matter how many times I posted up examples showing that wasn't the case, the belief persisted, and remains.
  • grey ;ok

Definitely. And we are only ever as aware as the reporters allow us to be.
  • I blame Outcast.

He's been in journalism a few years now, and still hasn't sorted them out... ;whistle
  • Nothing wrong with Burnley imo. Good family club, with a manager who knows his limitations. Burnley were never going to have the same season as last.

Always one club that gets to 7th and plummets the following year, has being happening for ages.